"Three great portrait painters" from the collection of the Russian Museum are presented to residents of Murmansk Automatic translate
MURMANSK. Thanks to the cooperation of the regional art museum of the capital of the Arctic with the Russian Museum, residents of Murmansk got a unique opportunity to get acquainted with the work of famous painters. “Three great portrait painters” - under this name, an exposition was opened on March 24, the works for which were delivered from St. Petersburg.
All canvases presented to museum guests on display are constantly in the collections of the Russian Museum. Murmansk became the third Russian city where the exhibition center of the Russian Museum was opened. Speaking at the opening of the exhibition, Grigory Goldovsky, a leading employee of the Russian Museum, noted that all the works displayed in the exhibition belong to the brush of famous painters.
Rokotov, Levitsky and Borovikovsky in their work were able to most fully express the ideals of their era in Russian art, putting him in a worthy place. Their portraiture is on a par with the works of the best Western European masters who worked in the second half of the 18th century.
The collection of works created by these painters is rightfully included in the most famous part of the collection of the Russian Museum. According to Grigory Goldovsky, a third of the works of the great portrait painters from the collection of the Russian Museum were brought to Murmansk. Marina Kovtun, the governor of the region, also attended the opening of the exhibition.
In her speech, Marina Kovtun noted that the contents of the opening exhibition, which presents the work of the three largest masters who worked during the heyday of the Russian state, evokes a sense of pride in Russia, our great Fatherland. The exposition included about 40 portraits made by famous artists of the Catherine era.
The exhibition is open until June 17.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Russian Dreams" by George Shishkin at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum presented visitors the exhibition "Vasily Kandinsky and Russia"
- "Ostroumova-Lebedeva - artist and collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Im Russischen Museum wurde eine große Ausstellung zur Zeit Peters des Großen eröffnet
- Im Belgorod Art Museum wurde eine Ausstellung mit Werken russischer Maler gezeigt - "Ein Jahrhundert des Bindens"
- The exhibition "Russia. Realism. XXI Century", presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum celebrated the anniversary of Vasily Vereshchagin with a large-scale exhibition