The Russian Museum presented the exhibition ’Vasily Kandinsky and Russia’ automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. «Vasily Kandinsky and Russia» - under this name, the Russian Museum presented its guests with an exhibition that opened in the building of Benoit on September 22. For the organization of the exposition, not only the main museums of the country (the Hermitage, the Tretyakov Gallery, the Pushkin Museum), but also private collectors, contributed their works from their collections.
In addition to painting and graphics, owned by Vasily Kandinsky, and samples of his author’s porcelain, the exposition includes works by contemporaries of the famous artist. Many of them are no less famous than the jubilee (the exhibition was dedicated to the 150th anniversary of Kandinsky, which will be celebrated in December) - Natalia Goncharova, Kazimir Malevich, Ivan Bilibin and other authors of his circle.
The organizers of the exhibition note that the artists, whose works were part of the exposition, together with Kandinsky participated in exhibitions organized by the company «Blue Horseman» and Salon Izdebsky. For them, the beginning of the twentieth century was the time for the development of the principles of modernity, symbolism and expressionism in their work.
The exposition is supplemented with artifacts - it included items of peasant life, icons, lithographs. According to researchers of the artist’s work, these objects became the reason for the appearance of Byzantine motifs in his works. From the biography of Kandinsky it is known that initially he did not plan to devote himself to the artist’s career.
His first place of study was the Moscow University, where he entered in 1885, intending to study law. However, after participating in the ethnographic expedition that took place in the Vologda region, he had an interest in Russian motives. The final decision to dedicate the life of painting Kandinsky took after he saw in Moscow, in 1895, a picture of Claude Manet «Haystack.»
Visit the exhibition can be on November 21.
- "Centro de Artes. Moscú" presentó una exposición dedicada al jubileo de Vasily Kandinsky
- The second part of the project ’Great classics of the XX century’ from the company ’Gallery Trade’ was opened in Syktyvkar
- "Classics of the twentieth century" in the art museum of Irkutsk
- The German police opened the case of multimillion-dollar forgery of paintings
- "The Time of Kandinsky" - works from a private collection of Irina Styzhka in the Museum of Yugra
- Triumph of the Impressionists at an auction in New York
- Recuerdos de Nina Kandinsky sobre su esposo, era y destino
- Concierto en la escalera ’Music for Kandinsky’