An exhibition of works by Russian painters was presented at the Belgorod Art Museum - "A Century of Binding Thread" Automatic translate
BELGOROD. Another exhibition exposition went on a journey from the Russian Museum. This time, the exhibition “A Century of the Binding Thread”, representing the works of Russian painters, performed over three centuries, is shown in the Belgorod Art Museum. All 65 works that arrived in Belgorod from St. Petersburg belong to the Russian Museum.
Attending the opening of the exhibition on December 4th, Valery Sergachev, on behalf of the regional administration, expressed gratitude to the staff of the Russian Museum. Residents of Belgorod got a unique opportunity to see the best works of Russian artists. Exhibitions of this magnitude have never been in the Belgorod region.
The Russian Museum has become another participant in the project, working in the Belgorod region for the third year. In addition to regional museums, the project also includes metropolitan participants. In 2013, the year in Belgorod brought an exhibition of the Pushkin Museum im. Pushkin, and in 2014 - a historical museum from Moscow. Now in Belgorod presents its collection of the Russian Museum.
Pavel Klimov, an employee of the Russian Museum, who is the curator of the exhibition, noted the special significance of the opening exhibition. Many authors of works included in the exhibition were forgotten in Soviet times, since their works did not fit into the ideology of those years. Most of these artists worked in the academic direction characteristic of salon art, where the principle of "art for art" reigned.
The exposition also contains works that make it possible to call the exhibition unique. Especially for the exhibition in Belgorod, the restoration of the painting “Sunset” was painted by Julius Clover in 1884. After restoration, this painting is on display for the first time.
The exhibition is available to museum guests until March 13th.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Drei große Porträtisten" aus der Sammlung des Russischen Museums werden den Einwohnern von Murmansk präsentiert
- "Russian Dreams" von Georgy Shishkin bei der Ausstellung im Russischen Museum
- The Russian Museum presented visitors the exhibition "Vasily Kandinsky and Russia"
- "Ostroumova-Lebedeva - artist and collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Im Russischen Museum wurde eine großformatige Ausstellung eröffnet, die der Ära Peters des Großen gewidmet ist
- The exhibition "Russia. Realism. XXI Century", presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum celebrated the anniversary of Vasily Vereshchagin with a large-scale exhibition