A large-scale exhibition dedicated to the era of Peter the Great opened in the Russian Museum automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Russian Museum continues the implementation of the project «The Saga of the Romanovs». The exhibition opened in the Mikhailovsky Castle is dedicated to Peter the Great and the era of his reign. The exposition, located in the St. George’s Hall of the Castle, included more than two hundred works selected from its own funds and other museums in the country. The owners of private collections also took part in creating such a large-scale exhibition.
The official opening of the exposition was held on December 17, and the first visitors who visited this day in the castle’s main hall were participants of the international cultural forum, which was held for the fourth time in St. Petersburg. Before the guests of the Russian Museum, a unique collection was opened, representing the era of Peter the Great.
Most of the exposition presents portraits. Portrait painting was the most popular art genre of those years. Art critics believe that it was the Peter’s epoch that became the time when the first Russian portrait painters could most clearly show their talents. Their creativity became so in demand that the portraitists hardly coped with orders.
Portraits of the Emperor’s family and those around her were created by such famous masters as Ivan Nikitin and Andrei Matveyev, Johann Tannauer and Louis Caravac. The exhibition hall houses the best works of these painters, as well as other well-known masters of painting. The exposition also features «parsuns», which are the rarest exhibits representing the early secular portrait. Most of these works, reminiscent of the style of icons, performed by masters, whose names are not established.
The exhibition, accessible to visitors until March 2016, included archival materials, sculptures, costumes and furniture of Peter’s time.
- The past and present of Russian estates at the exhibition in the Museum of Manor Culture
- "Talk about yourself" - self-portraits in the Abakan art gallery
- Sergei und Galina Kotinov, Roman Romanov "Flüchtige Begegnungen"
- El Museo. Kramskoy presentó una retrospectiva del trabajo de Sergei Romanovich
- Exhibition of photocompositions of Jose Romanov ’Spain. A look from within ’
- Heroes of Dostoevsky’s novels at the theater festival in Veliky Novgorod
- "Women's View" - an exhibition of 80s artists in the Volgograd Museum
- Theater ’The Sun’ immersed viewers in the world of legends from the novels of Chingiz Aitmatov