"Ostroumova-Lebedeva - Artist and Collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The Russian Museum presented a new exposition, which continues the exhibition cycle, in which art connoisseurs get acquainted with private collections that have been received at various times in the museum collection. Now visitors to the museum were given the opportunity to see works of art belonging to the St. Petersburg artist Ostroumova-Lebedeva.
The exposition, housed in the Mikhailovsky Castle, contains not only the work of the artist herself, but also works of art that were part of her own collection. The organizers stressed this feature of the exhibition in its title. Anna Petrovna’s cooperation with the Russian Museum began in 1916, when the first nine works of the artist were acquired by him.
In the years that followed, Anna Petrovna repeatedly presented her works to the Russian Museum. The heir to her unique collection in the will of the artist was also named the Russian Museum, where all the works that were part of her collection were transferred in 1955. Most of the collection was represented by works created by the artist herself.
Although Ostroumova-Lebedeva preferred the art of engraving in her art, the watercolors, drawings and paintings were left in the artist’s legacy. In the rest of the collection there were works by masters who created their graphic works at the same time as Anna Petrovna. Many of them turned to the creation of engravings, inspired by the discoveries of the artist in the field of woodcuts.
In the opened exposition there are about 200 works from the collection of Ostroumova-Lebedeva. In a separate part of the exhibition there are engravings created by Japanese artists in the 18th and 19th centuries, which had a great influence on the artist’s individual handwriting.
The exhibition is open to visitors until November 7.
- "Trois grands portraitistes" de la collection du Musée russe sont présentés aux habitants de Mourmansk
- "Sueños rusos" de Georgy Shishkin en la exposición en el Museo Ruso
- The Russian Museum presented the exhibition ’Vasily Kandinsky and Russia’
- A large-scale exhibition dedicated to the era of Peter the Great opened in the Russian Museum
- In the art museum of Belgorod, an exhibition of works by Russian painters - ’The Ages of the Connecting Thread’
- Exhibition ’Russia. Realism. XXI Century », presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at the exhibition in the Russian Museum
- El Museo Ruso celebró el jubileo de Vasily Vereshchagin con una exposición a gran escala