German police opened the case of a multimillion-dollar fake paintings Automatic translate
MUNICH. German police announced the disclosure of an international group engaged in fake painting. Basically, the group specialized in falsifying the work of Russian avant-garde artists.
The German Federal Police said that its employees conducted more than a hundred searches at enterprises, in private homes and art galleries. Searches were renewed in different parts of the country, including in Munich, Hamburg, Stuttgart and Cologne, on Wednesday and Thursday. Searches were also conducted in Israel and Switzerland.
During the police activities, two suspects were detained, aged 67 and 41 years. They were taken into custody as the alleged organizers of the group, which included a total of six counterfeiters.
Police said the group has been operating since 2005, and during that time it sold over 400 fake paintings on the market, which were positioned as “previously unknown works” by world-famous artists such as Vasily Kandinsky and Kazimir Malevich. The cost of each work reached several tens of thousands of euros.
Anna Sidorova © Gallerix.ru
- "Center of Arts. Moscow" presented an exhibition dedicated to the anniversary of Vasily Kandinsky
- The Russian Museum presented visitors the exhibition "Vasily Kandinsky and Russia"
- The second part of the project "Great Classics of the XX Century" from the company "Gallery Trade" opened in Syktyvkar
- "Classics of the twentieth century" in the art museum of Irkutsk
- "Time of Kandinsky" - works from the private collection of Irina Stegka in the Ugra Museum
- Impressionist Triumph at New York Auction
- Erinnerungen von Nina Kandinsky über ihren Ehemann, ihre Zeit und ihr Schicksal
- Concierto en la escalera "Música para Kandinsky"