"Center of Arts. Moscow" presented an exhibition dedicated to the anniversary of Vasily Kandinsky Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The anniversary of Vasily Kandinsky, who turned 150 on December 16, was celebrated in Moscow with the opening of an exhibition of the early works of the famous avant-garde artist. The exhibition, located in the space "Center for the Arts. Moscow ”, will be open until mid-February next year.
The opening of the exhibition, held on the artist’s birthday, was a real festive event. The Moscow contemporary music ensemble delighted guests with a concert. His program included works written by Claude Debussy, Igor Stravinsky, and other composers who worked in the era of the avant-garde.
The organizers of the exhibition are planning several more interesting events. The next one will be the lecture "Kandinsky: the metaphysics of the universe." The lecture will take place on December 21. Its author is art critic Olga Chuvorkina. She will talk about the creative method of the artist and his innovative ideas.
For the first time, Russian fans of Vasily Kandinsky’s work will be able to see the works of the famous artist, written by him in 1903-1907. These works were created in the early period of his work, which became the time of Kandinsky’s transition from impressionism to abstraction. This time was called "Colorful Life". All the works of Kandinsky presented in the exhibition arrived in Russia from different countries, where they were in private collections.
The first guests of the exhibition were most interested in showing a diptych unknown to the general public. For more than a hundred years, the canvases were in different collections. One of them was in Sweden, and the other in the USA. Now they have met in Moscow. In total, the exhibition includes five works by Vasily Kandinsky. They were joined by paintings created by the famous contemporaries of the artist - N. Roerich, K. Petrov-Vodkin, M. Larionov and other masters.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The Russian Museum presented visitors the exhibition "Vasily Kandinsky and Russia"
- The second part of the project "Great Classics of the XX Century" from the company "Gallery Trade" opened in Syktyvkar
- "Classics of the twentieth century" in the art museum of Irkutsk
- German police opened the case of a multimillion-dollar fake paintings
- "Time of Kandinsky" - works from the private collection of Irina Stegka in the Ugra Museum
- Impressionist Triumph at New York Auction
- Erinnerungen von Nina Kandinsky über ihren Ehemann, ihre Zeit und ihr Schicksal
- Concierto en la escalera "Música para Kandinsky"