Exhibition ’Russia. Realism. XXI Century », presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. Opened on November 11 in the Russian Museum exhibition, was named «Russia. Realism. XXI Century». It represents the work of contemporary Russian artists working in various directions of the realistic tradition. In recent decades, young artists have become cramped as part of academic realism.
Now they use in their works such directions as hyperrealism, photorealism. Some modern artists return in their work to the Soviet style. Such a variety of pictorial directions suggests that today’s realism is also an actual art.
A feature of realism, as an artistic direction, is the diversity of views of artists and art critics on this type of fine arts. Some of them believe that there must be something figurative on the canvas, others achieve the transfer of objects with photographic accuracy. A smaller part of the artists has the opinion that any work that carries the spirit of the time can be referred to realism.
The organization of the exhibition, where realists XXI are represented, the Russian Museum gives visitors the opportunity to escape from stereotypes reflecting the opinion of some critics about contemporary artists. In their reviews it is often said that many artists are poorly proficient in painting techniques.
According to Yevgeny Petrov, one of the leading employees of the Russian Museum, there are a sufficient number of artists, whose creativity is characterized by the excellent possession and use of the picturesque school in their works. However, they have a different type of thinking, another technique of painting. For this reason, the works of young artists differ significantly from the works of realism created in the XIX century.
- "Trois grands portraitistes" de la collection du Musée russe sont présentés aux habitants de Mourmansk
- "Sueños rusos" de Georgy Shishkin en la exposición en el Museo Ruso
- The Russian Museum presented the exhibition ’Vasily Kandinsky and Russia’
- "Ostroumova-Lebedeva - Artist and Collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum
- A large-scale exhibition dedicated to the era of Peter the Great opened in the Russian Museum
- In the art museum of Belgorod, an exhibition of works by Russian painters - ’The Ages of the Connecting Thread’
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at the exhibition in the Russian Museum
- El Museo Ruso celebró el jubileo de Vasily Vereshchagin con una exposición a gran escala