The exhibition "Russia. Realism. XXI Century", presented in the Russian Museum, demonstrates the work of young artists Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. The exhibition, which opened on November 11 at the Russian Museum, was called “Russia. Realism. XXI Century". It represents the work of contemporary Russian artists working in various areas of a realistic tradition. In recent decades, young artists are becoming closely within the framework of academic realism.
Now they use such directions as hyperrealism, photorealism in their works. Some contemporary artists are returning to the Soviet style in their work. Such a variety of pictorial trends suggests that today’s realism is also a relevant art.
A feature of realism, as an artistic direction, is the diversity of views of artists and art historians on this type of fine art. Some of them believe that something figurative must be present on the canvas, while others seek to convey objects with photographic accuracy. A minority of artists have the opinion that realism can be attributed to any work that carries the spirit of the times.
By organizing an exhibition where XXI realists are represented, the Russian Museum enables visitors to escape from stereotypes that reflect the opinions of some critics about contemporary artists. Their reviews often say that many artists are poor at painting techniques.
According to Yevgeny Petrov, one of the leading employees of the Russian Museum, there are a sufficient number of artists whose work is characterized by excellent possession and use of a painting school in their works. However, they have a different type of thinking, a different painting technique. For this reason, the works of young artists are significantly different from the works of realism created in the 19th century.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Drei große Porträtmaler" aus der Sammlung des Russischen Museums werden den Bewohnern von Murmansk vorgestellt
- "Russian Dreams" by George Shishkin at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum presented visitors the exhibition "Vasily Kandinsky and Russia"
- "Ostroumova-Lebedeva - artist and collector" - a new exhibition in the Russian Museum
- Im Russischen Museum wurde eine große Ausstellung zur Zeit Peters des Großen eröffnet
- Im Belgorod Art Museum wurde eine Ausstellung mit Werken russischer Maler gezeigt - "Ein Jahrhundert des Bindens"
- "Family Portrait" - artists of the XVIII-XX centuries at an exhibition in the Russian Museum
- The Russian Museum celebrated the anniversary of Vasily Vereshchagin with a large-scale exhibition