Orel Museum of Fine Arts presented an exhibition of engravings of foreign artists from its collection automatic translate
EAGLE. Visitors to the Orel Museum of Fine Arts before April 12 can get acquainted with engravings created by European artists in the 16-19 centuries. Although engravings were received in the museum fund in the last century, they are demonstrated to the public for the first time. Previously, these graphic works were kept in the local history museum of the city, and several engravings belonged to the Hermitage.
The themes of the works displayed at the exhibition are diverse. Historical and religious subjects, allegories and satirical works coexist in the exposition. Next to them were portraits, landscapes and works, representing an animalistic genre. At a time when these works of art were created, the execution of engravings became an opportunity to perform copies of the works of artists. It was the most qualitative way of replicating portraits of important people, paintings with geographical sights.
Although 70 sheets of graphics placed in the exposition were made by foreign artists, among them there are works that echo Russian history. Some of the engravings were donated to the imperial house. One of the plot compositions, performed by Christian Gottlieb Hammer, an academician from the Dresden Academy of Arts, contains an image of the Moscow Kremlin. In this work, the printing technique is combined with a tinted watercolor made by hand.
Most of the exhibition is made up of «reproduction» engravings. This term means work copying compositions or drawings of any authors. Adams Bolswerth, the representative of the Flemish school of engravers, created his works on the paintings of the famous masters - Rubens, Van Dyck. One of his works is in the exposition. Several engravings were created by the masters in their drawings.
- The Orel Museum presented the exhibition ’City and People’, dedicated to the 450th anniversary of the Eagle’s Education
- The theater festival of small forms ’LUDI’ begins in Orel
- In Orel, an exhibition of works created by the military artists of the studio. M.B. Grekova
- Orel Drama Theater. Turgenev transferred the sunday of his jubilee to the next year
- On the occasion of the Day of the City in Orel, the Regional Art Exhibition ’Towards the City’ was presented
- Personal exhibition of Leonid Demin’s works ’The Artist and His Time’ is opened in Orel
- Orlovsky Theater ’Russian Style’ celebrated its twenty-year history