Oryol Museum of Fine Arts presented an exhibition of engravings by foreign artists from its collection Automatic translate
EAGLE. Until April 12, visitors to the Oryol Museum of Fine Arts can get acquainted with engravings created by European artists in the 16-19 centuries. Although engravings entered the museum’s foundation in the last century, they are shown to the public for the first time. Previously, these graphic works were stored in the museum of local lore of the city, and several engravings belonged to the Hermitage.
The subjects of the works displayed at the exhibition are diverse. The exposition adjoins historical and religious subjects, allegories and satirical works. Next to them were portraits, landscapes and works representing the animalistic genre. At a time when these works of art were being created, engraving became the ability to make copies of artists’ works. It was the highest quality way to replicate portraits of important people, paintings with geographical attractions.
Although 70 sheets of graphics placed on display are made by foreign artists, among them there are works that resonate with Russian history. Some of the engravings were donated to the imperial house. One of the plot compositions, made by Christian Gottlieb Hammer, an academician from the Dresden Academy of Arts, contains an image of the Moscow Kremlin. In this work, the printing technique is combined with a hand-made watercolor tint.
Most of the exhibition is composed of "reproduction" prints. This term refers to works that copy the composition or drawings of any authors. Adams Bolswerth, a representative of the Flemish school of engravers, created his works based on paintings by famous artists - Rubens, Van Dyck. One of his works is on display. Several prints were created by masters in their drawings.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the Oryol Museum presented the exhibition "City and People", dedicated to the 450th anniversary of the formation of the Eagle
- In Orel, begins the theater festival of small forms "LUDI"
- In Orel, an exhibition of works created by military artists of the studio them. M. B. Grekova
- Oryol Drama Theater. Turgenev moved the celebration of his anniversary to next year
- On the Day of the city in Orel presented the regional art exhibition "Towards the city"
- Solo exhibition of the work of Leonid Dyomin "The Artist and His Time" is open in Orel
- Orel Theater "Russian Style" celebrated its twenty-year history