Andrei Permyakov: "People who do not accept our aesthetics, our principles, do not stay in our boat" Automatic translate
Andrei Permyakov, Artistic Director of the Golden Key Theater, Honored Artist of Crimea, spoke about the upcoming premieres, repertoire policy and plans for the new XXXII theater season.
Andrei Olegovich, tell us, with what feelings do you, as an artistic director, open a new season?
- Each new season is an event, and not only for spectators, but also for creators - artists, directors, artists, workshop masters and everyone who works in our theater. It is always very exciting and comparable to the New Year’s Eve. We are full of expectations, dreams and a desire to work. Both the troupe gathering and the general meeting of the collective have already been held, where I talked about plans, tasks and desires, introduced new employees to the team. Last weekend, with four performances for children and adults, we opened the new season.
Regarding my personal feelings and feelings, they are special, and this is due to many factors. Firstly, the staging of new performances, secondly, the upcoming Year of the Theater in Russia, and thirdly (and this is the most important) - obtaining the status of a professional theater - the fifth state theater of the Republic of Crimea. Already in the new, “fateful” year, every Yevpatorian proudly will be able to boast that now in Yevpatoriya there is its own professional, repertoire theater for a young audience - the only youth theater in the Crimea!
The premieres of last season (Cinderella, Pluft, or a little ghost, etc.) took confident positions in the Golden Key repertoire and became bright events in the theatrical life of Crimea. Is the bar high this season too? What other novelties will decorate the poster in the new season?
- This season we will continue to work on both adult and children’s repertoire. Already in October, two premieres will take place: the beloved Andersen’s Thumbelina for younger children and the older children - a philosophical, touching and piercingly sensual performance based on the work of Nodar Dumbadze “The Dog”. For the New Year’s campaign, we are preparing the musical “The Incredible Adventures of Piglet Funtika”, since the new year will be the year of the Pig according to the horoscope. In April we’ll release my directorial version of Fedot Archer Leonid Filatov. We will do a performance in the genre of "post-apocalypse." In addition, two more premieres will be waiting for the young audience - “The Little Prince” Exupery performed by children of artists and the solo performance “Traveling with Baron Munchausen”. We plan to restore my performance “The Wizard of. cities ”, staged in the genre of game theater. By tradition, the most daring spectators will take part in each show.
The theater should be multicolored, as Meyerhold claimed. What are the criteria for choosing a repertoire for ZK?
- I can not disagree with Vsevolod Emilievich. Nowadays, the theater should also be multicultural, multi-format and multi-genre. We are just such a theater and are very proud of it. As for the repertoire, now we are faced with several tasks in parallel: this is an absolutely “adult” repertoire, small-form performances and box office, eternal tales for the whole family. Guided by these tasks, we have formed repertoire plans for two years in advance. Our repertoire is different from other theaters, so that the Crimean theater-goer could choose from. Although, let’s be honest, “Klyuchik” today is a kind of flagship of the children’s theater. This is our hobby, our main direction, and having huge creative potential, a cool, talented team and a special creative approach, it would be a sin to stage children’s performances poorly or on a residual basis.
According to officially published statistics, the occupancy of the hall in the theater is 70-75%. Great performance! Which viewer is coming to you today? What risks do you take to attract a new viewer?
- We never go on about the viewer, but today this is the biggest risk. We do not put performances on demand, but form the audience’s taste, the audience’s culture. And, I must say, very slowly, but we manage to win our audience. Many people are happy to make a choice in the direction of our theater, rather than visiting entrepreneurs. And they do it consciously, with knowledge of the matter. And it is worth a lot. We love our audience, therefore, having got to our theater, they enjoy not just the contemplation of a serial star, but a real theater. Our occupancy is consistently high, but at the same time our rooms are small. Unfortunately, while we do not have the financial ability to advertise the theater as we would like, but we are working on it. Each touring trip or festival brings to us a visiting spectator from all over the Crimea and beyond. Today, in the dry language of economics and marketing, we cover the audience of all ages. There would still be signs for the city, and then success is guaranteed. But seriously - all the guests who come to us from different cities complain about the lack of signs.
Will recently sensational projects (readings, creative meetings, projects for schoolchildren…) continue? What new projects await Crimeans?
- Yes, we will continue our amazing tours “Journey into the world of the backstage” and will conduct readings. Until the New Year, we honor the contemporary play by Andrei Aleshkevich, “Snack Food” and Pushkin’s classic “Little Tragedies”. In addition, two interesting and very different creative meetings with our artists Sergei Novikov and Darina Sharpilo will take place in the new season. And we will try our hand at a new genre for us - monodrama. The director Anastasia Permyakova will stage the interactive solo performance “Traveling with Baron Munchausen”, where I will play the role of the baron and my dachshund Nirmala as the matilda’s dog.
There are a lot of young people in the theater. Tell me, in your opinion, what is the difference between young people who come to the theater profession today from stage old-timers?
“And am I young or old-timer?” It is difficult for me to answer this question, because we are a young theater. I hope nothing. In a good way. It’s clear that young people are more mobile, faster, faster, but the healthy atmosphere inside the theater, respect for traditions and the life of the collective, it seems to me, depends on the artistic leadership. People who do not accept our aesthetics, our principles, do not linger in our boat - they change in a canoe and quickly, quickly sail away from us. And thank God!
What is the “human” portrait of the Golden Key?
- Probably this is the happy face of Pinocchio with a large number of annual rings in the context!
What do you wish the theater / audience in the new season?
- I wish you happiness. Do not be afraid to come to the theater, forget yourself and let emotions go out in the form of tears or laughter. These are the purest emotions. Genuine. They treat the soul.
- Ausstellung "Von Punkt A nach Punkt B" Der kasanische Grafiker Alexander Artamonov
- Diseñador gráfico, trabajo para el artista hoy.
- Google and the Getty Center made an art guide
- Exposición "Año del teatro"
- Festival internacional "Tierra. Teatro. Niños"
- Exposición "Godunov. Detrás de escena"
- "Der Drache"
- "Pluft oder kleiner Geist." 8+