Oriental Calendar - Graphics by Taiwanese Artists at the Irkutsk Museum Automatic translate
IRKUTSK. For the first time, residents of Irkutsk will be able to get acquainted with the work of Taiwan artists. In the exhibition hall of the Gallery of Siberian Art, which is part of the Museum. Sukacheva, on February 15, an exhibition of graphic works by Taiwanese artists opened.
The best works by Taiwanese artists arrived in Irkutsk to participate in an exhibition dedicated to the beginning of the new year, falling on the eastern calendar on February 16. They became winners of a contest held for more than thirty years at Taiwan’s main cultural institution, the National Museum of Fine Arts. Residents of St. Petersburg and Novosibirsk have already seen these works.
Now this opportunity has appeared among Irkutsk art lovers. The exposition, presented under the name "Eastern Calendar", is dedicated to all the signs of the zodiac, but the largest number of works depicts a yellow earthen dog, which will replace the Red Rooster on February 16, which guarded the rest of people over the past year.
Visitors to the exhibition will see more than 60 graphic works by contemporary Taiwanese artists. The works are created in various techniques - lithography and linocut, etching and even silk-screen printing. At the opening of the exhibition, Anna Potapova, a researcher at the museum, spoke of the deep meaning that was concluded in each of the works.
Many of the characters depicted in the works become a blessing to the house where they are. In every graphic work created by Taiwanese artists, there are bright colors, which makes them cheerful. A fantastic world inhabited by mysterious birds, fish and magnificent flowers symbolizes luck and prosperity.
Irkutsk residents will be able to unravel the meaning of the eastern symbols until March 11.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the museum to them. Sukachev opened an exhibition of Ivan Blokhin, a famous painter from Chita
- "Boris Lebedinsky. Painting, Graphics" - an exhibition in the Museum. Sukacheva
- Anniversary exhibition of the artist Nikolai Tarasik in the Irkutsk Art Museum
- Lithographs of famous graphic masters at the exhibition "Lines of Love" in the Museum named after Sukacheva
- Persönliche Ausstellung von Galina Novikova, die im Museum eröffnet wurde. Sukachev, anlässlich des 75-jährigen Bestehens des Künstlers
- Im Irkutsk Museum. Sukachev präsentierte die Ausstellung "Unplayed Violin" zum 110. Geburtstag des Künstlers Alexei Zhibinov
- "Classics of the twentieth century" in the art museum of Irkutsk
- "Night of the Arts." Manor V.P. Sukacheva