In the museum to them. Sukachev opened an exhibition of Ivan Blokhin, a famous painter from Chita Automatic translate
IRKUTSK. The museum employees. Sukachev was honored in memory of Ivan Blokhin, a Chita artist, known far beyond Transbaikalia. On the evening of October 3, a large-scale exhibition of paintings by the artist, who passed away in 2008, was solemnly opened in the Gallery of Siberian Art. The initiator of the exhibition was the daughter of the painter, Tatyana Blokhina.
The exposition includes more than seventy works of Ivan Blokhin. Landscapes painted during travels around Lake Baikal, Sayans, and Angaras occupied most of the exhibition space. Among the artist’s works there are magnificent still lifes, portraits and plot paintings. Although Ivan Blokhin was a participant in the war, he rarely touched on the front-line theme.
His studies at the art school of Irkutsk were interrupted by going to the front, so Ivan Blokhin mastered the profession of a painter on his own. For the first time his paintings were presented at regional exhibitions in the postwar period. They were immediately noted by connoisseurs of art.
The artist was surprisingly efficient, having created over one hundred works over the years of his work. The daughter of Ivan Blokhin said that from his two-month trip to Lake Baikal alone, the artist brought more than 90 sketches. Then he painted several large-scale landscapes, united by the artist in a series. “The Tale of Lake Baikal” - such a general name was given by the painter to his works.
All the works presented in the exposition were provided for the exhibition by the daughter of the painter. Visitors to the exhibition will be able to imagine what path the artist chose in his work. Almost all the works written by Ivan Blokhin are made from nature. This was the basic principle of his work.
Acquaintance with the works of Ivan Blokhin will continue until October 15, and on October 5, guests will find a thematic tour.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Persönliche Ausstellung von Ivan Blokhin (Chita)
- Die Seidenstraße. Ausstellung von Werken von Valery Blokhin
- Orientalischer Kalender - Grafiken von taiwanesischen Künstlern im Irkutsk Museum
- "Boris Lebedinsky. Painting, Graphics" - an exhibition in the Museum. Sukacheva
- Anniversary exhibition of the artist Nikolai Tarasik in the Irkutsk Art Museum
- Lithographs of famous graphic masters at the exhibition "Lines of Love" in the Museum named after Sukacheva
- Persönliche Ausstellung von Galina Novikova, die im Museum eröffnet wurde. Sukachev, anlässlich des 75-jährigen Bestehens des Künstlers
- Im Irkutsk Museum. Sukachev präsentierte die Ausstellung "Unplayed Violin" zum 110. Geburtstag des Künstlers Alexei Zhibinov