Istanbul police returned stolen painting by Pablo Picasso Automatic translate
ISTANBUL. Turkish police discovered the second most recent original painting by Spanish artist Pablo Picasso during a secret operation in Istanbul. This was reported by the state news agency Anatolia.
The painting “Woman Dressing Her Hair”, written in 1940 and depicting Dora Maar, the artist’s mistress and muse, was stolen from a collector from New York. Turkish police, in the guise of potential buyers, met with sellers in a hotel, and then on a yacht at the pier of Istanbul. Initially, the kidnappers demanded $ 8 million for a work of art. Two suspects are arrested, the picture is sent for examination to the University of Fine Arts Mimar Sinan (Mimar Sinan Fine Arts University).
Anna Sidorova © Gallerix.ru
- Return to order. How avant-garde artists of the 20th century switched to classicism
- "Annabelle" Picasso - renaming the picture
- Jonathan Byrne: “I threw away $ 100 million worth of Picasso and Matisse paintings”
- Austrian authorities detained six dealers while trying to sell fake Picasso paintings
- The widow of Picasso may have tried to hide part of the artist’s works from the heirs
- Yekaterinburg residents presented the exhibition of Mikhail Shemyakin "Transformation of Picasso"
- In the museum "Erarta" opened "Gouache two O" - an exhibition of works by artists working in the technique of "gouache on paper"
- Polenov, Picasso and not only: free lectures and excursions in the pavilion "Worker and Collective Farm Girl" at VDNKh