Yekaterinburg residents presented the exhibition of Mikhail Shemyakin "Transformation of Picasso" Automatic translate
YEKATERINBURG. The ART gallery of the Yeltsin Center, having opened the Picasso Transformation exhibition on July 6, provided the residents of Yekaterinburg with the opportunity to get acquainted with the work of Mikhail Shemyakin. This outstanding artist has long been among the classics of contemporary art. The exposition presents graphics made by the artist since 1983, for seven years after the artist moved from Paris, where he lived, leaving the USSR, to New York.
During this time, Mikhail Shemyakin wrote about 60 replicas, the samples for which were the work of Pablo Picasso. Most often, the artist turned to his famous female portrait. Many of these works have long moved to private collections, even in the collection of Mikhail Shemyakin only slides have been preserved.
To show the public his works, the artist used the "giclee" technique, with which it is possible to obtain digital reproductions of pictorial masterpieces on canvas. Such works performed in large format have a high quality of workmanship, and their color rendition corresponds to the original.
This exclusive exhibition is presented to the Yekaterinburg public thanks to the Eurasian Festival of Contemporary Art, which takes place in the Yeltsin Gallery’s Gallery, in the framework of which the Mikhail Shemyakin Foundation brought works by the artist. Of the works included in the exposition, 42 works by Russian art lovers will be seen for the first time.
Residents of Yekaterinburg, who managed to visit the unique exhibition "Transformation of Picasso", talk about the strong impression made by the works of Mikhail Shemyakin. In this series there is dynamics, rich color and combinations of contrasting color lines.
You can appreciate the works created by the classic of contemporary art until July 30.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Mikhail Shemyakin: Ein ganz anderer Künstler" - eine Retrospektive im Moskauer Museum des russischen Impressionismus
- The Stas Namin Theater in St. Petersburg showed the play "New York. 80s. We!"
- Screenings started at the Moscow Documentary Cinema Club
- "Two Fates" - illustrations by Mikhail Shemyakin to the songs of Vladimir Vysotsky in the Kaluga Museum
- An exhibition of works by Mikhail Shemyakin and Ernst Unknown is opened in Irkutsk
- Amazing images seen by Mikhail Shemyakin - "Sidewalks of Paris"
- El Museo de Arte Oriental acerca a los moscovitas a la comprensión del zen
- Visconti und wir. Vortrag von Andrei Shemyakin, einem Filmkritiker