The play "The Old Man and the Sea" directed by Anatoly Vasilyev completed the Chekhov Festival Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Having been held in the capital for almost two months, the Chekhov festival ended with the play "The Old Man and the Sea", which became the world premiere. Ernest Hemingway’s work was embodied on stage by the world famous director Anatoly Vasiliev. This performance, shown on the stage of the theater. Vakhtangov July 19 and 20, Vasilyev dedicated to the memory of Yuri Lyubimov, whose centenary will be celebrated on September 30.
Spectators can see the production of Hemingway’s work directly on Lyubimov’s birthday. He will be shown twice - September 30, and those who cannot get to the theater on this day are expected there on October 1. Anatoly Vasiliev spoke about his attitude to the performance at a press conference held before the opening of the Chekhov festival.
The director said that the reasons for him and the rest of the creators of the play - Alla Demidov, composer Vladimir Martynov and a team of artists and technicians, should be dedicated to staging the memory of Yuri Lyubimov. It was a desire to express love and gratitude to the great creator.
For each of them, Yuri Lyubimov was a person who played an important role in his creative life. Anatoly Vasiliev staged the play "Serso" in his theater, which brought fame to the director. The magnificent Alla Demidova for many years, beginning in the late sixties, played leading roles in Lyubimov’s performances.
Vladimir Martynov was the creator of the music for the performances staged by Yuri Lyubimov. “The Brothers Karamazov” and “Theatrical Novel”, “Socrates” and “The Chronicles”, “Mask and Soul” - in all these performances the music written by Vladimir Martynov sounds.
The play "The Old Man and the Sea", presented to the audience in the form of a solo performance by Alla Demidova, was a worthy end to the Chekhov festival. For two hours, the audience, holding their breath, listened to the famous story of Hemingway,
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Chekhov festival begins the program with a solo performance "Raul"
- Nikas Safronov besuchte die Eröffnung seiner Ausstellung in Kirov
- Paralela inexistencia de vida de Anatoly Vasiliev
- In Kaliningrad, opened the anniversary festival of youth theaters "Equinox - 2016"
- In St. Petersburg at the Mikhailovsky Theater, the premiere of the new production of the ballet "Corsair"
- "Fatal Attraction" at the Satire Theater - a gift for the upcoming anniversary for the People’s Artist of the USSR Vera Vasilyeva
- The Metropolitan Theater of Satire celebrated its anniversary with the performance "Sad but Funny"
- Directors from five cities will show their work at the Art Migration forum