Author’s film by Natalia Savras about a dream that knows no obstacles
EKATERINBURG. The Contemporary Art Center hosted another screening-discussion of the author’s documentary film.
Since January 23, at the Center for Contemporary Arts, in the framework of the new project «GTSIkino», the author’s documentary tapes were launched, followed by their discussion. The first evening was dedicated to the picture of Lyubov Rigolbosh «Need to emphasize» about underground musicians and the special atmosphere of Ekaterinburg, which is fertile for the development of the creative potential of talented people. On February 20, Natalia Savras’s debut film «Happiness is not far off» took place. With a true vocation, Savras did not immediately decide. She successfully combined her studies at the Philosophical Faculty of the Ural University with her work in the creative organizations of her native city. Obtaining a master’s degree did not become an incentive for studying science and did not abolish the desire to try yourself in directing.
Since 2014, an unsuccessful scientist has been cooperating with the Yekaterinburg film company «Snega», working on the creation of gaming, documentary and animation films. Participation in the application company, announced by the Ministry of Culture, was successful. The Ministry allocated funds for the implementation of the project of the debut non-feature film Savras «The Little Swan», which was named «Happiness is not far off» in the final.
The «test of the pen» by the beginning director-philosopher was successful. The tape took part in several international film reviews, won the Grand Prix of the V International Festival «Bereginya» and the prize for the best debut at the festival-workshop «Kinoproba». The main heroine of the new film about the realization of dreams and fearlessness is a young ballerina from Japan. Yuko Fukudo, delighted with the skill of Russian dancers, became fired by the desire to enter the Russian Ballet School and did so. The language barrier, no other culture, or the absence of close people became an obstacle.
- ’Eternal source of inspiration’ - an exhibition in GHMAK to the 185 th anniversary of the painter A. Savrasova
- Alexei Savrasov (1830-1897)
- Works by the artist and sculptor Yevgeny Chubarov on display at the NCCA
- The exhibition at the Literary Museum you can see pictures of famous poets
- Exhibition of works by contemporary artists from the collection of the NCCA in Yekaterinburg
- The exhibition ’The experiments of John Cage’ opened in Moscow
- Dialogue between two eras - the pearl of the collection of Nantes Museum of Fine Arts
- The exhibition ’Traditions and folklore in the modern naive culture’, the NCCA