The premiere of the play "Twelfth Night" was held in Novosibirsk "Globe" Automatic translate
NOVOSIBIRSK. The repertoire of the Globus Theater has a new performance staged on the eve of the anniversary of Shakespeare, which will be celebrated in the coming year. The premiere of the play “Twelfth Night”, staged by Moscow director Elena Nevezhina, took place in the theater on November 30th.
The stage version of the popular Shakespearean play was proposed for staging by Elena Nevezhina. Created by the director, together with the playwright Ksenia Gasheva, the text of the play can be called a kind of "game of translations." A single text was created from five translations of the "Twelfth Night", made by famous authors in different years.
According to the director, the performance for her is not a “comedy of situations”, when the main attention is paid to a fun game in dressing up. More important are the changes in the fates of the protagonists that occurred by chance.
All the events taking place on the stage make you think that very often people are not too attentive to each other. However, in comedy it is impossible to do without fun, so there are plenty of funny situations on the stage - the audience does not have to get bored.
The metropolitan artist Dmitry Razumov worked on the scenography of the performance, having managed to reflect in it the main theme of the performance. The basis of the scene was a parachute, stretched in size. It was he who previously held on to a basket of balloons, with the help of which the main characters of the play were in different countries, and then were forced to hide under other people’s names.
In reading the play by Elena Nevezhina, among the Shakespearean heroes, one can discern the features of the intellectuals who left the country after the revolution. In the repertoire of the court jester, songs of Vertinsky sound, and the jokes belong to the satirist-emigrant Don-Aminado. However, in the play you can find a considerable number of associations.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- The first premiere of the season in the Nizhny Novgorod drama - "Paul I" based on the play by D. Merezhkovsky
- Das Weihnachtskunstfestival endet in Nowosibirsk
- Shakespearean “Globe” showed Muscovites his version of “Hamlet”
- The head of the London Globe Theater introduced in Moscow "Henry V"
- Biblio-Globus hosts presentation of a book created by Evgeny Yevtushenko
- Globus Theater marks the closing of the season with a parade of premiere performances
- In Sochi, the long-awaited tour of the Globus Youth Theater began
- World bestseller on the stage of the Globe Theater - premiere of the play "Art"