The head of the London Globe Theater introduced in Moscow "Henry V" Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The most famous theater in the world - the London "Globe", has never come to Russia. However, thanks to the ongoing “Shakespeare Theater Festival”, residents of Moscow and St. Petersburg got the opportunity to see video versions of the best performances from the repertoire of the famous theater in the cinemas of their cities.
The first in a series of performances presented to viewers using movie screens was Henry V, which is a chronicle of the campaign of the king of England in France. The performance was staged by the artistic director of the Globus Theater, Dominic Dromgole. Modern technologies made it possible to transmit a recorded video greeting from the director recorded at his home before the start of the show.
Spectators who visited the metropolitan cinema Horizon on October 29 were able to meet with the famous director in person. Dominic Dromgole presented a show of his performance and answered the questions of the audience. According to the director, the video recording of his performances in the theater has been ongoing for the seventh year, giving the opportunity to viewers who are thousands of kilometers from London to plunge into the atmosphere of the country’s oldest theater.
The performances are shot in such a way that the audience sees not only what is happening on the stage, but also the reaction of the hall. This is how emotions are conveyed, allowing viewers to find themselves in the Globus Theater.
The audience watching the movie version of the performance has even some advantages - at crucial moments you can see close-ups of the actors, and watch the production, sitting comfortably in chairs, much more convenient. In the Globe, the entire stalls are watching the performance while standing. Next year, the whole world celebrates the 450th anniversary of the birth of Shakespeare. For the audience of the capital, anniversary events have already started with a visit by the director of the Globus Theater.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Das Weihnachtskunstfestival endet in Nowosibirsk
- Shakespearean “Globe” showed Muscovites his version of “Hamlet”
- The premiere of the play "Twelfth Night" was held in Novosibirsk "Globe"
- Biblio-Globus hosts presentation of a book created by Evgeny Yevtushenko
- Globus Theater marks the closing of the season with a parade of premiere performances
- In Sochi, the long-awaited tour of the Globus Youth Theater began
- World bestseller on the stage of the Globe Theater - premiere of the play "Art"
- Russian film won the Golden Globe Award