A masterpiece worth the wait for so many years. Jacques Rivette’s film in Russia
MOSCOW. For the first time in the Stanislavsky Electrotheater there were screenings of the film «Out 1: Do not Touch Me» by Jacques Rivette.
The legendary tape of one of the leaders of the French «New Wave» (Jacques Rivette), Jacques Rivette, who passed away last year, reached 46 years later and reached Russia. A gift to the cinephiles was presented by the Stanislavsky Electrotheater, on the small stage of which during the week all parts of the 13-hour film were demonstrated. On the last day of the show, the audience was able to see its reduced version. The choice of a place for the Russian premiere was not accidental.
After the appointment of the artistic director of the theater, Boris Yukhananov, a disciple of Vasilyev and Efros, a large-scale reconstruction of the premises was carried out, the repertoire policy underwent radical changes. The new concept implied the creation of a space open to experiments, avant-garde productions, the embodiment of interesting ideas, which have no analogues on the contemporary stage. Such projects include multimedia performances: opera «Sverliytsy», three-part «Blue Bird», eight-hour «Golden donkey. Open space of work «, video» Crazy Prince «.
The best place to get acquainted with the large-scale film project Out 1: Noli me tangere was difficult to come up with. References to the Balzac story about conspiracies and the mysterious «Group of thirteen», which do not lead to the natural ending of the rehearsal of Aeschylus’ plays, Paris, survived the «Red May» of 1968, the characters mirroring each other, slipping away, and then forming details in an understandable puzzle. And the inability to look away, switch, miss something in the fabric of a large-scale narrative. In the end, it turned out a masterpiece, which was worth waiting for so many years.
- All to see, not to be afraid and always tell the truth
- Cinema of a different dimension, sensory cognition of the surrounding space
- The new stage of the Stanislavsky Electrotheater opened with the performance ’Colonel-Bird’
- The opening of the ’Stanislavsky Year’ began in the walls of the Chekhov Moscow Art Theater
- The festival ’Season of Stanislavsky’ was opened in Lyubimovka with a sketch of the play based on the play ’The Cherry Orchard’
- Exhibition ’Fashion designer, who believed Stanislavsky. On the 155th anniversary of the birth of Nadezhda Petrovna Lamanova. Theatrical costume from the collection of the Moscow Art Theater Museum »
- Presentation of the book by Adonieva and Olson on the fate of several generations of village women was held at the Stanislavsky Electrotheater
- The first production of ’The Magic Lamp of Aladdin’ by Nino Rota in Russia. In the hope of a miracle