In the theater to them. Moscow Council Andrei Konchalovsky introduced "The Cherry Orchard", which completed the trilogy of Chekhov’s plays Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Theater named after The Moscow City Council invited guests to the run of The Cherry Orchard, the last play to complete Anton Chekhov’s career. The director and set designer of the play was Andrei Konchalovsky, who continues to work with the troupe of the theater. Moscow City Council. The well-known director has been working with this team for many years, staging several performances based on Chekhov’s plays with “Mossovetists”.
Two works of Andrei Konchalovsky became a kind of diptych. The first performance was "Uncle Vanya", staged by the director in 2009. Three years later, Three Sisters followed. Usually these two performances are included in the theatrical poster one after another. That was the intention of the director, who brought together the same cast in the performances. Another factor uniting the performances was the scenery invented by Andrei Konchalovsky himself.
Now the theater’s repertoire will be replenished with the performance “Cherry Orchard”, the official premiere of which will be held on February 27th. In an interview with reporters, Konchalovsky said that it took eight years to stage the entire trilogy, the final part of which was The Cherry Orchard.
The director called this play “A farewell genius joke”, reminding those present at the interview that Chekhov wrote it, feeling the nearness of the end of his life. The genre to which he attributed his work, the author designated as comedy. However, almost all directors, including famous contemporaries of Chekhov, saw drama in the play “The Cherry Orchard”.
This performance completed the author’s project of the director in the theater. Moscow City Council, dedicated to the work of Anton Chekhov. The staging of the three performances included in this project gave the audience the opportunity to see Andrei Konchalovsky not only as a talented director, but also a no less talented stage designer.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Theater sie. Der Moskauer Sowjet eröffnete die Jubiläumssaison mit dem Stück "Roman Comedy"
- In the theater to them. Moscow City Council presented a new directorial work by Sergei Aronin - "Meet, we are leaving"
- The play "Incomparable" Roman Viktyuk celebrated his birthday
- Die Uraufführung des Theaterstücks nach der Geschichte von V. Shukshin "Energetic People" fand im Theater statt. Der Moskauer Stadtrat
- The audience of the theater. Moscow City Council got acquainted with the work of Argentinean artists
- "Woe from Wit" with the young actors in the theater presented to them. Moscow City Council
- The Moscow City Council’s last premiere this year is a detective from Yuri Eremin
- Festival von Gleichgesinnten oder eine Plattform für freie Statements