The exhibition "Catherine the Great in the country and the world" opened in the Mikhailovsky Castle Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. A large-scale exhibition dedicated to the time of the reign of the Russian Empire by Catherine the Second, as well as the personal characteristics of the empress, opened on February 15 in Mikhailovsky Castle. Historians assess the time during which Catherine the Great ruled the Russian state as one of the most important periods in Russian history.
The exposition has collected more than 500 exhibits, including painting and graphics, sculptures and the most valuable works of art made of glass and porcelain. Visitors to the exhibition, telling about the personality of the empress, about the events taking place during. when Catherine II determined the country’s foreign and domestic policy, it will be interesting to see her numerous portraits painted by famous masters of the 18th century.
The exhibition presents 30 portraits of Ekaterina Alekseevna, in which she is depicted at different ages - from a young girl to an elderly lady. Allegorical works are also presented, in which the empress appears before the audience in the image of Minevra, the goddess of wisdom and the patroness of art.
Visitors to the exhibition and travel places Catherine the Second will see - it includes views of the Old Crimea, written by Mikhail Ivanov. The exposition also included battle scenes made by the same master in gouache and watercolor. Also presented are paintings and engravings with scenes from the Russian-Swedish and Russian-Turkish war.
The exposition also included images of Prince Potemkin, who was engaged in the development of the Crimean peninsula. In addition to portraits of the prince at the exhibition, you can see the wax sculpture of the prince, created in 1780. The exhibits present in the exhibition are cited from the collections of the main Russian museums.
The exhibition is open until the end of May.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Opera "Brundibar" - the legend of the Terezinsky ghetto
- Performances of famous directors will be shown at the winter theater festival
- The famous opera of Richard Wagner again conquered the St. Petersburg audience
- What is the Mikhailovsky Theater preparing for its viewers in the new season?
- Youth Theater Festival "Mikhailovskoye 2016" completed the theater from Izhevsk "Young Man"
- Antwerp Early Music Ensemble. Mikhailovsky Palace
- "Pushkiniana" by Valery Zlobin is open at the Mikhailovsky Museum
- In Mikhailovsky, the exhibition of the artist Alexander Stroylo "Calling - to be an artist!"