The audience saw the premiere of "Romeo and Juliet" from the director Dmitry Krymov and students of GITIS 30/12/2017 automatic translate
MOSCOW. Directed by Dmitry Krymov on December 27th, presented in the hall "Manezh" the premiere of the performance "Romeo and Juliet", which became a joint work of "SIDA" and students of GITIS. The play, on which the performance was staged, received only the main plot from the Shakespearean tragedy. For Dmitry Krymov, the famous work was the impetus for the creation of a new play. The director added to the classic title the subtitle "kinderursurpriz".
Krymov, talking about his work, emphasizes that even a classic story is dotted in it, and everything that happens on the stage is his imagination. In the play, almost the entire third course of GITIS, which is trained under the direction of E. Kamenkovich and D. Krymov, is occupied. The director noted that the SDI often cooperates with students, however, in the history of this cooperation, participation in the whole course of the play happened only the second time.
Dmitry Krymov staged a performance several years ago in which the motifs of Ostrovsky’s play were used. "Oh. Late Love ", which also involved students, has become a successful experience with beginners. He entered the repertoire of the theater and twice was awarded the "Golden Mask".
Dmitry Krymov’s new director’s work, created in conjunction with artists Anna Grebennikova and Yevgenia Reznikova, was a continuation of the tradition born in Verona - writing letters for Juliet. They are written by Verona’s guests, they send messages even from other countries. This performance, staged by the director along with the students, also became a letter addressed to Juliette.
The conditional nature of the events taking place in the play written by Krymov does not detract from the tragedy that happened to the young lovers. It is important for the director that even friends who wanted to help them created situations that caused the sad finale of the play.
- In Krasnodar, an exhibition dedicated to the 130th anniversary of the artist N. Krymov
- Das Bild des Feindes. Gruppenausstellung von Studenten des experimentellen Kurses Kamenkovich-Krymov (GITIS)
- Kaluga Drama Theater opened the jubilee season with the musical performance ’Romeo and Juliet’
- For three days in Veliky Novgorod got acquainted with the work of the ’Bolshoi Puppet Theater’ from St. Petersburg
- Prokofiev’s ballet music in the jubilee set
- The Saratov Drama Theater successfully hosted the premiere of ’Romeo and Juliet’
- Romeo and Juliet from the military Prague on the stage of the Omsk Music Theater
- The original version of the tragedy ’Romeo and Juliet’ will be seen in Kaliningrad