Exhibition "Kim Britov: The Gray Period" was opened in Vladimir 28/12/2017 automatic translate
VLADIMIR. On December 26, an exhibition dedicated to the memory of Kim Britov, People’s Artist of the Russian Federation was held in the picture gallery of the "Chamber" cultural and educational center. In creating the exposition presented to the public under the title "Kim Britov. Gray Period "was attended by the staff of VSMZ (Suzdal Museum-Reserve).
From the collection of the museum were selected ten works, most of which was written by Kim Nikolayevich in the early period of his work. By the same time, there are 12 sketches, almost unknown even to the connoisseurs of Kim Britove’s creativity. These works were a gift of the artist to his friend, Vladimir Alexandrovich Chebotaev.
For many years sketches, created by the artist in the late 40’s of the last century, were kept in the collection of a friend of Kim Britove. Previously, they did not participate in exhibitions. These works are specialists who study the work of the famous artist, refer to the "gray period". During the decade, Kim Britove’s works were dominated by monochrome color schemes.
The works included in the exposition became the first steps of the future master of the school of Vladimir painting in search of his own style. At this time, the artist used in his works a gentle ocher and pearl-silvery tones. He believed that such a color scheme allows the most truthfully convey the atmosphere of the Central Russian landscape.
In the exposition there are sketches executed in different styles. Some of the pieces are made in a surprisingly thin, realistic manner, part is written in a free style. There are among them works written with the use of textured soil.
A unique opportunity to get acquainted with the early works of Kim Britove is available to visitors of the Vladimirsky "Palat" art gallery until March 4.
- Exhibition of artist Natalia Britova ’The Sun on the Palette’ was opened in Vladimir
- For the exhibition of Kim Britove in Ivanovo, 40 paintings were provided by his family
- Exhibition of Albert Kuss "Days of a Young May"
- The spiritual world of the artist Mikhail Nikolsky in his paintings and graphics
- Canvas and oil paintings - where to start
- Art historians discovered the original painting ’Saint Augustine’ by Caravaggio
- TYPES OF SOILS FOR OIL PAINTING, THEIR PROPERTIES AND METHODS OF PREPARATION