Biblical subjects on the lithographs of Marc Chagall in the gallery "Art-Bank" Automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. In the gallery "Art Bank" on December 27 the opening of the exhibition "La Bible" took place, in the exposition of which the works of Marc Chagall, occupying the most important place in the work of the great master, are presented. In the exhibition hall there are more than 60 illustrations to the events described in the Old Testament. Work on these works, Marc Chagall began in the 30’s. The last works of this series were created after the end of the Second World War.
The illustrations to the Bible, made by a world-renowned artist, give visitors the opportunity to visit the extraordinary world created by bright lithographs. Sensations received from the examination of unique works of art are supplemented by finely tuned music.
Each story, depicted on lithographs, is accompanied by the biblical texts placed next to them. The organizers of the exhibition provided an opportunity for visitors to receive many new impressions and emotions, as well as see the artist’s work in the aspect of his perception of the texts of the Holy Scripture.
In his works, Marc Chagall revealed not only the wisdom and greatness of the Bible, but also emphasized the warmth and intimacy of biblical texts. The first works of this series the artist created by order of the famous Parisian publisher Ambroise Vollard. The publisher was not able to see these works published.
The first part of the series was published only in 1956. They were published in America, where the artist moved to this time. He continued work on the biblical cycle after traveling to holy places. Inspired by impressions, he mastered the technique of multi-color lithography, and then proceeded to create new works. In total, Marc Chagall created 105 color lithographs.
To see the unique exhibition in "Art-Bank" it will be possible till March, 1st.
- In the museum ’Erarta’ opened ’Gouache Two O’ - an exhibition of works by artists working in the technique of ’gouache on paper’
- FBI and police in Los Angeles returned 9 stolen 6 years ago paintings
- In Paris, burn the fake Chagall
- The exhibition ’Marc Chagall. La Bible ’opened in the art center’ Perinnye ryady ’
- Actors of the Grotesk Theater brought to the festival a play about the great Chagall
- Belarusians discovered Chagall in their art!
- Secrets of life and love of Marc Chagall in the National Art Museum of Belarus
- Las aventuras de año nuevo en el museo "¿Dónde vuela Chagall?" (5-10 años)