The Russian Museum celebrated Vasily Vereshchagin’s jubilee with a large-scale exhibition 23/04/2017 automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. From April 20, visitors to the Russian Museum will be able to get acquainted with the work of Vasily Vereshchagin. To the majority of connoisseurs of painting he is known as a painter-batlist, however, visitors of the exhibition will have an opportunity to see one more side of the famous artist’s work.
For the first time, not only his battle painting, but also works made by Vasily Vereshchagin during his many trips entered the exposition of the exhibition dedicated to the artist’s 175th anniversary. In the exhibition halls there are landscape sketches written by the artist in different countries, plot compositions and portraits of their inhabitants. All these works represent dokumentalno-ethnographic painting.
In addition to these works by Vasily Vereshchagin, almost unknown to the general public, visitors of the exhibition are given the opportunity to see the works of the painter lost for various reasons. Even during the life of the artist, they were photographed. These photos are also placed in the exposition.
In the main part of the exposition visitors will see works more famous. Most of the paintings came to the exhibition from the collection of the Russian Museum, but part of the exposition consists of works brought to St. Petersburg from other museums. The organizers of the exhibition were supported by private collectors.
Vereshchagin called himself an artist of military scenes. Among his works, it is difficult to find official portraits. The artist, who knew about the tragedy of the war not from other people’s words, told in his paintings about a huge human drama, about the sufferings and heroic spirit of its participants. Creating works about the war, Vasily Vereshchagin spread the ideas of the world.
To see the exhibition, dedicated to the anniversary of the painter, famous even during his lifetime, it is possible until July 24.
- Ausstellung der Erinnerung an die Moskauer Künstlerin Irina Vereshchagin in der Halle des Landwirtschaftsministeriums am Kusnezker Most
- Igor Dremin: ’15 years of Steppe Nirvana’
- A new project, opened in the Yaroslavl Art Museum, is dedicated to the work of Vasily Vereshchagin
- Original paintings of the master of battle painting Vereshchagin in the museum of Cherepovets
- Gruppenausstellung von Moskauer Künstlern: Galina Lopatina, Vladimir Fomichev, Evgeny Vereshchagin
- Igor Dremin: Igor Vereshchagin "Dado y robado"
- Little-known works of famous artists at the exhibition ’Without a visa’
- Igor Dremin: Exhibition of works by Vasily Bubnov. Painting, Graphics