In the museum. Bakhrushin opened the exhibition ’Daniel Fyodorov. Portrait Theater »
MOSCOW. The Bakhrushin Museum celebrated the Day of the Theater with the opening of an exhibition presenting the work of the Moscow artist Daniil Fyodorov. About 50 works of the portrait genre are in the exposition, located in the main building of the museum. «Theater of Portrait» - such a telling name was given to the exhibition by its organizers.
Indeed, the exhibition presents portraits of bright heroes. Visitors to the exhibition can easily recognize them without signatures. The names of famous Russian and foreign figures of theatrical art are known to each of the guests of the exhibition. However, the «Portrait Theater» simultaneously rethinks the importance of the portrait genre in contemporary art.
Today it becomes important not so much for the external similarity of the portrait, but also for the inner solace of the person represented by the artist. Especially this principle is important, when the viewers have portraits of people whose images have already become stereotypes born of public consciousness.
This is possible only when the artist becomes a «director» who can build a mise-en-scene, fully revealing the world of the «actor», born on canvas by the talent of the painter. Daniil Fedorov creates his own works. Connecting different styles and artistic directions.
Taking as a basis the classical Russian school of painting, he supplements it with impressionism and post-impressionism, while addressing avant-garde trends. It existed at the beginning of the twentieth century. Art historians singled out Daniel Fyodorov’s inner confidence and picturesque looseness.
This combination allows the artist to create modern and energetic portraits, the images of which are full of vitality. On most of the portraits written by Daniil Fedorov, our contemporaries.
The «Portrait Theater» is open to guests until April 16th.
- Talent, curiosity and inspired hard labor
- On the anniversary of the artist Vasily Shevchenko Lipetsk prepared two exhibitions
- The well-known theater artist Maria Fedorova presented his work at an exhibition in the museum to them. Bakhrushina
- Igor Dremin: Exhibition of Marina Fedorova ’Parallel’ at the Art Gallery K35
- In the Irkutsk Art Museum completed the restoration of the portrait of the Empress Alexandra Feodorovna
- Results of the third season of ’Theatrical Novel’ award
- In the Museum of them. Bakhrushin opened a major exhibition of watercolors - ’Piece for 12 artists’