The youngest museum in the Arctic celebrated its 27th birthday Automatic translate
MURMANSK. The Regional Art Museum, working in Murmansk, is a landmark of the city in several, as it is now customary to say, “nominations”. This is the only museum in the country located beyond the Arctic Circle. The building where the art museum is located was built 90 years ago. The first three-story house in Murmansk was built of stone in a record short time.
It took builders only four months for the Transport Consumer Society to enter the building, becoming the center of public life in Murmansk. The glass dome decorating the building and the round clock located on its facade made the three-story house magnificent for that time.
It is a pity that the dome, destroyed during the war, was not restored, the restoration of the building began only in 1987, after its transfer to the regional department of culture. Initially, it became an exhibition building, and in 1990 the hall was transformed into a museum. On January 17, his 27th birthday was celebrated in the regional art museum. Today this institution is the youngest art museum in the Arctic region.
At this time, the museum collection has more than 7 thousand works of art. In a special place among the museum staff works performed by Murmansk craftsmen. The schedule of exhibitions is planned for the year ahead. The museum also uses new forms of meetings with visitors. It has become a place with educational functions. Active work is carried out by the information and educational center, in a multimedia cinema you can get acquainted with a solid collection of art films.
Since January 18, the museum has opened a display of paintings by Eduard Manet. This is a facsimile reproduction of the work of the great impressionist depicting the garden of a villa in Bellevue.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- "Drei große Porträtmaler" aus der Sammlung des Russischen Museums werden den Bewohnern von Murmansk vorgestellt
- Ausstellung "In seiner Heimat Murman" des Künstlers Vitaly Bubentsov zum 80. Jahrestag des Murmansk-Territoriums
- Vitaly Bubentsovs Einzelausstellung "On the Kola Land" wurde in Murmansk eröffnet
- "Painting and Graphics by Arvi Huttunen" - an exhibition in Murmansk on the 95th anniversary of the artist
- In the project of the Murmansk Art Museum "Happy Birthday, artist!" anniversary exhibition of Nikolay Zavertaylo
- "Portrait of a Family" - an exhibition from the collections of the Russian Museum in the Regional Art Museum of Murmansk
- Regional Museum of Fine Arts on the anniversary of Murmansk opened several interesting exhibitions of Murmansk artists
- In the halls of the Central House of Artists on Krymsky Val opened the exhibition "Arctic" in Moscow, arrived from Murmansk