Personal exhibition of Galina Novikova, which opened in the Museum. Sukachev, timed to the 75th anniversary of the artist Automatic translate
IRKUTSK. In the museum to them. On December 4, Sukacheva hosted the opening of an exhibition of a unique artist, a vibrant personality representing the art of Siberia, Galina Evgenievna Novikova. Alexander Himmsteinstein, director of the museum, introducing the visitors to the opening ceremony of the exhibition, the artist’s work, called Galina Evgenievna a man gifted with great talent.
Museum staff prepared a solo exhibition of Galina Novikova in honor of her 75th anniversary, collecting 70 works in painting and graphic art on display. Most of the work belongs to the museum collection, however, private collectors also contributed to the creation of this exhibition. The gallery of Viktor Bronstein, who constantly supports the museum in its work, also took part in the preparation of the exhibition.
The main place in the exposition is occupied by portraits. Many depict people well-known in Irkutsk. The artist’s self-portraits also entered the exposition, in which she appears before the visitors in various images. Among them is the most famous self-portrait of Galina Novikova, where the artist portrayed herself with a cat.
According to art historian Tamara Dranitsa, Galina Novikova painted several hundred paintings. How many of them were created in the schedule is almost impossible to count. Only during her life on Lake Baikal were she painted portraits of almost everyone who surrounded her. There are landscapes at the exhibition. They are not quite ordinary - on the canvases are not images of corners of nature, but portraits of houses.
At the opening ceremony presented a book prepared for the anniversary of the artist by Irkutsk art critics. The book "Galina Novikova", containing more than 200 illustrations, was published in a circulation of 500 copies. It presents the work of the artist and a photo from the family archive.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Orientalischer Kalender - Grafiken von taiwanesischen Künstlern im Irkutsk Museum
- In the museum to them. Sukachev opened an exhibition of Ivan Blokhin, a famous painter from Chita
- "Boris Lebedinsky. Painting, Graphics" - an exhibition in the Museum. Sukacheva
- Anniversary exhibition of the artist Nikolai Tarasik in the Irkutsk Art Museum
- Lithographs of famous graphic masters at the exhibition "Lines of Love" in the Museum named after Sukacheva
- Im Irkutsk Museum. Sukachev präsentierte die Ausstellung "Unplayed Violin" zum 110. Geburtstag des Künstlers Alexei Zhibinov
- "Classics of the twentieth century" in the art museum of Irkutsk
- "Night of the Arts." Manor V.P. Sukacheva