Visitors to the Yaroslavl Museum will see all aspects of B. Kustodiev’s work Automatic translate
YAROSLAVL. In the main building of the city art museum located on the Volzhskaya Embankment, an exhibition is open until July 3rd, representing the work of one of the most famous Russian painters - Boris Mikhailovich Kustodiev. The exhibition exhibits not only the works of the famous artist belonging to the museum collection. The exhibition hall housed the works of Kustodiev, delivered from the collections of the museums of Kostroma, Shchelykov and Ivanov.
The collections of the Yaroslavl Museum contain a solid collection of exhibits dedicated to the work of B. Kustodiev - paintings, drawings, books with illustrations by the artist. This collection has been collected throughout the life of the museum. Some of the exhibits came from the State Museum Fund, some previously belonged to the Yaroslavl noble assembly.
The museum’s collection also contains works from Yu. E. Kustodieva, the artist’s wife. In 1986, a large number of the artist’s works came from the collection of St. Petersburg collector V.V. Ashik. In total, the Yaroslavl Museum now holds more than fifty works of various genres.
This collection, supplemented by exhibits from other museums, allows visitors to the exhibition with different sides of the unique talent of the famous artist. The exposition of the exhibition includes canvases with easily recognizable images of merchants with luxurious, “Custodian” forms, bright festive celebrations.
Next to them Kustodiev, not too familiar to the general public, but no less interesting - live full-scale studies written by the artist in the small town of Romanovo-Borisoglebsk, located near Yaroslavl. Some of them were later used by the artist to create their famous paintings.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Unfamiliar to the public facets of the talent of Boris Kustodiev at an exhibition in Ivanovo
- Eight paintings by Boris Kustodiev demonstrate in the artist’s homeland
- "The verge of creativity" B. Kustodiev on the anniversary of the artist in the Museum of Yekaterinburg
- Christie’s auction will return money to the Russian oligarch
- Exhibition of works by B. M. Kustodiev
- Das Jaroslawler Kunstmuseum präsentierte die Arbeit von Michail Nesterow
- "Europäisches Stillleben" im Museum für Ausländische Kunst von Jaroslawl
- Ausstellung zum Jubiläum der Galerie von Alexander Shilov, eröffnet in Jaroslawl