Igor Dremin: Valentin Vorobyov’s exhibition in Gallery A3 24/02/2017 automatic translate
From the mid-1960s to the mid-1970s, Vorobiev was one of the most active representatives of the artistic underground in the USSR and a participant in the illegal market. By the way, it was Vorobyov who invented the invention of the «dep-art» hated by many people - the slang name of the contemporary art of that time, the main buyers of which were foreign divers and correspondents.
Since the early 1960s, Vorobiev has repeatedly participated in resonant unofficial or inadvertently permitted exhibitions. One of the brightest episodes of his biography the artist considers the organization in 1961 of the formalists’ exhibition in Tarusa - soon with the scandal closed. But the summit of his confrontation was, of course, participation in the «Bulldozer Exhibition» in 1974. With Rabin, Nemukhin, Komar and Melamid, Masterkova, etc. From that exhibition in the wasteland in Belyaevo, even black-and-white photos with Vorobyov’s picturesque «star», damaged in the course of «landscaping», have been preserved.
A year later, in 1975, Valentin Vorobiev emigrated to France. The exchange of information was gradually interrupted, the artist dissolved into Parisian life and in a few years was practically forgotten in Russia. How often it happens.
- 5 ° Aniversario, Festival Anual ’Osetia del Sur en la Galería A3’
- A3 / 30 (collection as evidence of historical observations)
- Igor Dremin: ’The campaign for power’ in A3
- Tanya Strelbitskaya’s exhibition ’NO EMPTY’ in Gallery A3
- Estrin’s code in Gallery A3
- Konstantin Sidoruk’s exhibition ’WAY HOME’ in Gallery A3
- Exhibition of Boris Vilkov ’TAPE ART / PICTURES FROM SCOTCH’ in Gallery A3