Exhibition project ’GREAT SILK ROAD: YANZZI / VOLGA / DUNAI’ automatic translate
с 8 Августа
по 3 Сентября
This project is designed to show the broadest spectator the latest trends in contemporary art of the countries of Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and China. Speaking of this, we focus on the artistic process of the last 15 years, when significant changes took place within the socio-political and cultural reality, which also found expression in the field of visual arts. This project is the result of close observation of the art scene of 2000-2017 - a period when art, which was the radar of the political and social situation at the turn of the century, loses this function, yielding to the speed of reaction to the information flow of social networks.
The idea of globalization, which seized the world, gave birth to some new topography in the current art field. Today, more attention of artists is directed to experiencing the present moment. It is an art that recognizes dangers and speaks openly about them. Artists do not write more manifestos, but prefer individual methods of work. Under the current conditions, there is no underground: it’s impossible to close in the ivory tower, saving dissident isolation. The function of art today is not to change society, but people. Art strive for dialogue,
The organizers of the project, following the methodology of the European humanist of the 17th century, Jan Amos Komensky, author of the famous encyclopedia «The World of Sensible Things in Pictures,» challenge modern artists to: through their creative works reflect the world of nature and social relations in order to obtain diverse artistic revelations and points of view on The same themes. The project is an attempt to at least partially restore the holistic perception of the world around us.
The artists were offered within the given framework to reflect in their work 100 topical themes for today: 100 works are created by Russian artists, 100 themes by European artists, 100 by themes by Chinese artists. The structure of the exposition of the exhibition and the art encyclopedia, in which the works of artists from Russia and the work of foreign authors are given on the same topic, give, to a certain extent, the opportunity to compare creative approaches and obtain unusual creative dialogues.
The mobile exhibition «Great Silk Road / Yangtze-Volga-Danube» includes 99 works of artists from Russia, China and countries of Central and Eastern Europe grouped in equal shares on 33 subject-objects.
Route sheet for a traveling exhibition:
- Harbin, China, the Museum of Russian Art Liu Minsu (6-20 July);
- Saratov, AGSHM named after AN Radishchev (August 8-September 3);
- Moscow, halls of the Russian Academy of Arts (September);
- Bratislava, European Center for Fine Arts (October).
The full scope of the international exhibition research project:
300 works of contemporary artists of Russia, China and Central
And Eastern Europe will be represented in the trilingual art encyclopedia of the project.
- "SeedShaker: Waiting for a Favorable Environment and the Right Time"
- Igor Dremin: Mikhail Gavryushov’s exhibition "Fish + Unicorn. Monologues"
- The author’s project of Mikhail Gavryushov "Pisces + Unicorn. Monologues" 6+
- Light Samson at the exhibition ’Insight’ in the ’Na Kashirke’ Gallery
- Exhibition of Mikhail Selishchev ’Troyan trail’
- Exhibition of works by Russian women artists ’Movement of the form’
- Willie Melnikov’s jubilee personal exhibition ’Definitions and sensations’
- Exhibition ’Between the Volga and the Danube’