The picture of Claude Monet sold at auction for a record amount automatic translate
NEW YORK. The painting «Stooge» (La Meule, 1891) by Claude Monet (1840-1926) was the top lot of the auction Impressionist & Modern Art Evening Sale, which auction house Christie’s held on November 16. Bidding lasted only 14 minutes, the owner of the canvas was an anonymous collector who paid $ 81.4 million with estimeyte at $ 45 million. Thus, this sale has become a record for the artist for all time. The previous record of 80, 4 million US dollars lasted from 2008.
The painting claimed by four buyers is part of the Meules series of 25 paintings that the artist has written over the years, experimenting with a repetitive story in different lighting and weather conditions. Today, paintings from this series are in the collections of the best museums in the world and only a few works in private collections. The mere fact of the appearance of the painting at the auction is a rare, almost unique opportunity to acquire the work of Monet.
- La pintura de Monet "Nenúfares: La reflexión del sauce" regresó a Japón
- The fluidity of forms and the instantaneous movement of impressionism
- "Claude Monet. The genius of impressionism"
- Claude Monet (1840-1926)
- Nuevo récord absoluto de obras de arte: "Salvator Mundi" se vendió por $ 450 millones
- Scam century: fakes under the Old Masters upset the world of art
- Christie’s warehouses are being sued for $ 23 million for negligent storage of art objects