5 pictures of Francis Bacon stolen in Madrid automatic translate
MADRID. Five paintings by British artist Francis Bacon (Francis Bacon), a total cost of 30 million euros (23. 2 million pounds), were stolen from the collector’s house in Madrid. Information about this spread the Spanish media, reports France-Presse agency in Madrid.
Sources close to the investigation told the newspaper El Pais on Sunday that the robbery was carefully prepared: the owner of the house was absent that evening, and the alarm system could be turned off. Thieves left no traces, and, apparently, were well aware of the life of the owner of the house.
According to the source El Pais, paintings - portraits and landscapes - were abducted in July last year, but the news of this is published only now. The list of the stolen was not disclosed, which, according to specialists in contemporary art, at least strange - stolen paintings would be unrealistic to sell on the legal market.
«It’s not at all easy to sell a picture of Francis Bacon, big or small, without the information about the deal getting to the interested persons,» the expert said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Upon the theft, an investigation is being conducted. The newspaper reports that the owner of the paintings was a close friend of Bacon, but the police representative, who managed to get through to the correspondents of France-Presse, could not confirm the facts presented in the newspaper.
Artist of Irish origin Francis Bacon died in Madrid in 1992, at the age of 82 years, and his surreal emotional work is still very much in demand. The death of Bacon only increased their popularity: a portrait of Lucien Freud in 2013 was sold for 142, 4 million US dollars (90 million pounds) at auction, which was a world record for that time. Today Bacon is among the ten most famous contemporary artists along with Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol.
- The picture of Francis Bacon sold at a record price
- Triptych Bacon sold at auction Sotheby’s for 21.5 million US dollars
- Educational program for the exhibition "Francis Bacon, Lucien Freud and the London School"
- Exhibition "Francis Bacon, Lucien Freud and the London School"
- Self-portrait of Bacon with the body of Lucien Freud exhibited at Christie’s
- Auctions in London intend to earn more than 1 billion US dollars
- In Perm, for the fourth time, the international festival ’Texture’ was opened
- Nacho Criado returns to the Crystal Palace