The premiere of "Uncle Vani" staged by Anatoly Ledukhovsky took place in the Krasnoyarsk drama Automatic translate
KRASNOYARSK. For the first time, Krasnoyarsk theater-goers got the opportunity to get acquainted with the work of the capital’s director Anatoly Ledukhovskiy. A world-famous director whose work is marked with the Golden Mask was a discovery for Krasnoyarsk. His reading of Chekhov’s “Uncle Vani” is far from the classical production.
Usually, the subtitle for the performance was: “Scenes from village life”, then in the playbill of the production created by Anatoly Ledukhovsky, the phrase: “The history of one shot” was added to the title of the play. They talked a lot about the new performance before the premiere, which took place on December 17 at the theater named after Pushkin.
Before, “Uncle Vanya” was not staged in Krasnoyarsk, so the public’s interest was caused not only by the arrival of the famous director to work on the play, but also how the author’s reading of the famous play on the stage would look like. The expectations of the public were not in vain. Ledukhovsky gave the play, written about a hundred years ago, a modern sound.
Many spectators noted after the performance that the stories of the characters in the play were so recognizable, as if everything that was happening on stage happened today. Events on stage took place extremely dynamically and emotionally. The bored heroes who were “too lazy to live,” in the conflict taking place around Elena, the professor’s wife, suddenly show their feelings, show character traits hidden deep inside.
The scenography of the play also looked unusual. The joint work of Ledukhovsky and artist Andrei Shchaev is executed in black, but complemented by a variety of effects. The musical series of the play, created by the composer Maria Galkina, is very ascetic, which allows the viewer’s imagination to unfold.
Not all viewers accepted the performance in the same way, but no one was indifferent.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the Museum-Reserve "Melikhovo" showed the premiere of the play "Uncle Vanya"
- In the drama theater of Veliky Novgorod, the premiere of "Uncle Vani" in the reading of the Finnish director
- At the Chamber Theater presented the premiere of the play "Uncle Vanya"
- The Five Evenings Theater Festival opened with the performance of the Voronezh Chamber Theater Uncle Vanya
- The performance of the Vakhtangov theater "Uncle Vanya" in Kaliningrad ended the festival "Baltic Seasons"
- Im "Baltic House" präsentierte Regisseur Anatoly Praudin die experimentelle szenische Nachstellung von Tschechows Stück "Onkel Wanja"
- Dmitry Morozov und Dmitry Galkin: "Künstler und Roboter., Roboter Codes. Maschinen-Apparate"