Krasnodar Youth Theater captivated the audience with the original production of Nabokov’s play ’The Event’ Automatic translate
KRASNODAR. The Youth Theater on November 5th introduced the audience to Nabokov’s play «The Event». Konstantin Demidov, the director, invited from the capital, worked on the production. Some Krasnodar theatergoers have already seen the «Event» before the official premiere.
Artists of the Youth Theater took part in the events of «Nights of Arts», held in Krasnodar on November 3, with the premiere showing of their new work - the play «Event». The entrance to the theater for this performance was free. Nikolay Tabashnikov, director of the Youth Theater, said that Nabokov’s play appeared in the theater repertoire thanks to Konstantin Demidov, the director, who became the director of the «Events».
When the theater management began negotiations with Konstantin Demidov, which aroused interest not only in the director’s work, but also in the experience of acting, the question immediately arose about the choice of the play. During these negotiations, it was decided to stage V. Nabokov’s play «The Event». I wanted to create a performance for a work that did not appear too often on a stage or movie screen.
Vladimir Nabokov wrote the play «Event» for the order of the Paris «Russian Theater». Theatrical experts assume that the characters of his work are not invented by the author. Their prototypes were real people who belonged to the Russian bohemians of Paris. However, for modern viewers, this option of creating the characters of the play is more like a legend. But the Chekhov phrases, uttered by the characters of the play, the audience will find out.
It took the director two and a half months to stage the play. Demidov was afraid that he would not be able to keep within the allotted time, but everything turned out perfectly. The audience took an unusual staging, set in an unusual scenic space, with a loud ovation.
- "Gedenkantiquitäten des Sveev". Die numismatische Sammlung von Elias Brenner (1647-1717) und Pavel Grigorjewitsch Demidow (1738-1821)
- "Pale fire" by Vladimir Nabokov: The magic of artistic discovery "- the discovery of Brian Boyd
- American history of Vladimir Nabokov. On the way to Lolita
- Director Olesya Nevmerzhitskaya staged in the theater. Ermolov’s play Nabokov ’The Event’
- Irkutsk women will read "Alice in Wonderland" translated by Vladimir Nabokov in "The Estate of V.P. Sukachev"
- Modernes Kino
- Exposición "Karl Bryullov. Retratos de colecciones privadas"