"Chocolate Soldier" based on a play by Bernard Shaw - premiere at the Moscow Art Theater. Gorky Automatic translate
MOSCOW. In the Moscow Art Theater. On January 26, Gorky, the audience was presented with the premiere of the play staged by People’s Artist of the Russian Federation Yuri Gorobets on the play “Weapons and Man,” written by Bernard Shaw, the famous English playwright. Viewers saw this play called The Chocolate Soldier, which became more common in the theater world.
The premiere of this play took place in 1894 in England, was successfully held in New York and moved to European theaters. The name of the play changed when composer Oscar Strauss wrote the operetta The Gallant Soldier based on her motives. In the form of an operetta, the play returned to the English scene, having already received a new name - “Chocolate Soldier”, under which it appeared in Russia.
Russian directors have addressed this play not too often. The last time it was in 1966, when Boris Ravensky put it on the stage of the Pushkin Theater. Now Yuri Gorobets decided to remind modern viewers about the work of the great playwright.
According to the director, his appeal to this play is due to the fact that the problems raised by the author in it are relevant today, so this play should be interesting to the modern audience.
Yuri Gorobets believes that the work on the play was not easy, since although the Show is a brilliant playwright, the humor in his work is peculiar, sometimes difficult to perceive even by the artists themselves. The playwright does not declare the problems presented to him, but shows them in the actions of the heroes of his work.
From the performances on which Yuri Gorobets worked as a director, it is clear that he is not a fan of experiments on stage. In his productions, the costumes of the heroes and the scenery remain in accordance with the time the action of the plot of the play, but the problems of its heroes cause associations with the present.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- At the Mozart Festival in Salzburg, Russian performers were left without awards
- "Young Moscow Art Theater - Siberia" - the tour of the graduates of the Studio School successfully passed in Irkutsk
- In Novocherkassk, the director’s laboratory of modern drama was held - a project of the Theater of Nations and the Moscow Art Theater
- The first theater festival "Smotryna", which opened in Moscow, is dedicated to the work of Yuri Polyakov
- The first performance, which opened the season at the Moscow Art Theater. Gorky, became the Benefit actress Lydia Matasova "People like gods"
- New life of the half-forgotten play by A. Ostrovsky "Savage" - premiere at the Moscow Art Theater
- La exposición "Diseñador de moda, en quien Stanislavsky creía. En el 155 aniversario de Nadezhda Petrovna Lamanova. Traje teatral de la colección del Museo de Arte de Moscú"
- The winner of the theater festival "Your chance" was the play "Demons" of the Moscow Art Theater