Chekhov Theater Festival opened at the Melikhovo Museum-Reserve Automatic translate
MELIKHOVO. On May 11, the solemn opening of the unique theater festival "Melikhovo Spring" took place in the Museum-Reserve "Melikhovo". The best theater groups from all over Russia have come here for the fourteenth time to show their works created based on the works of Chekhov.
Founded by the Drama Theater from Lipetsk, the festival has gained international status over the years of its existence, since in addition to Russian theaters, theaters from European countries also take part in it. 31 years have passed since the time when in the spring the actors of the Lipetsk Drama Theater played the famous "The Seagull" for the first time in the interior of the Chekhov estate
After this performance, played in natural scenery, which filled the life of the old estate, the Lipetsk actors began to annually bring their new productions based on Chekhov’s works to Melikhovo. Starting from the year 2000, the Chekhov festival became official, and its repertoire necessarily included The Seagull, since this play was written in Melikhovo.
After the death of the main director of the Lipetsk drama Vladimir Pakhomov, the former founder of the festival, the theater was headed by Sergey Bobrovsky. He also actively participated in the preparation of festival performances. This year the premiere performance "Uncle Vanya" will be shown in Melikhovo, which the Lipetsk theater-goers have already seen on May 10th. The production was presented to the audience on the small stage of the theater.
“Uncle Vanya” at the festival will also be shown by actors from Tallinn - directed by L. Peterson. In total, during the festival week, viewers will see seventeen performances, each of which will represent Chekhov’s work. During the festival, director Adolf Shapiro will hold master classes, as well as an anniversary photo exhibition.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the Museum-Reserve "Melikhovo" showed the premiere of the play "Uncle Vanya"
- Two "Seagulls" and three "Cherry Orchards" were brought to the Melikhovsky Spring Festival
- Ausstellung "GIFT MOOD!" Larisa Melikhova und Studenten
- Melikhovsky Theater went on tour in the cities of Sakhalin Island
- Author’s cinema from Russia at the Tallinn Film Festival
- Die Organisatoren des Puschkin-Festivals berichteten Reportern über die zukünftigen Ereignisse des Theaterurlaubs
- El teatro ruso de Tallin llegó a Pskov con la actuación "Jugadores"