In the performance of the Perm Theater "The Merchant of Venice" neon illuminated Venice Automatic translate
PERMIAN. On Friday, April 5, on the stage of the Academic Theater-Theater, the premiere performance "The Merchant of Venice" staged by the famous actor and director Roman Samgin was presented to the theater public. Shakespearean comedy in modern reading has acquired a new charm.
The director built scenery on the stage that did not resemble ancient Venice. Literary scholars attribute this play to the end of the 16th century, but Roman Samghin placed the heroes of the play in a large and vibrant city, with advertising lights similar to Las Vegas during its heyday - the middle of the last century.
This city is people of different nationalities, different views and professing different religions. The whole story taking place in this city anthill, amidst the neon lights sparkling with billboards at night, is connected with the conflict that happened between the Orthodox Jew Shylock and the company of young Christian youth with Antonio, the leader in it.
Although the play is full of funny situations, riddled with light humor and vivid images of heroes, directors rarely undertake its embodiment on stage. Perm viewers saw this play for the last time in 1941, when it was staged at the Molotov Drama Theater.
Today the play is set in a completely different vein; Roman Samgin embodied its plot in the night bustle of a modern city, where each scene of the performance represents a particle of urban life snatched from the dark. Only here in the play, along with the sunrise, a completely different world appears before the audience.
The best actors of the troupe take part in the play, original music written by composer Tatyana Vinogradova sounds. The reaction of the audience showed that despite the unusual reading, the “Venetian Merchant” will be among the best productions of the theater.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- In the repertoire of the Omsk Drama Theater, the play by A. Ostrovsky “Truth is Good, but Happiness is Better” reappeared
- At the Moscow Theater. Pushkin are preparing for the double anniversary
- The festival "Nights-Nights", which opened in Perm, began with a public casting of young artists
- Uraufführung des Stückes "Lord Golovlyov" im Theater "Near the Bridge"
- "Stroganov-Sammler" - eine Ausstellung in der Perm Art Gallery
- "Octopus Garden" in Perm, or how to fall in love with a child in an opera
- Raising a like-minded viewer and creating a free cultural environment
- "Spatial Realism" by Dmitry Kustanovich in Perm Central Exhibition Hall