Theater from Warsaw in the project "New Stage" showed a performance about the tragedy of Poland Automatic translate
MOSCOW. The “New Play” project, which has become part of the “Golden Mask” festival currently under way, culminated in a demonstration of the work of the theater from Warsaw, “In Liberty”.
The audience saw the play staged by the director Ondrei Spisak based on the play written by Tadeusz Slobodzianek “Our Class”. This name is associated with the play "Dead Class", which appeared on the Polish scene in the 70s. Then the production became an event for Poland, touching upon the subject of the Polish tragedy, when people, who lived together for centuries, were divided by nationality, one of which ended in the gas chambers of Auschwitz.
Tadeusz Slobodzianek began work on the play after the book by John Gross “Neighbors” was published in 2000, where the writer spoke about the tragedy that happened in the Polish town of Jedvabne. When this small town was occupied by the Nazis, the locals brutally cracked down on their neighbors, the Jews.
Here, with the hands of the Poles, more than one and a half thousand people who lived in neighboring houses and studied at the same school were destroyed in the fire. For modern Poles, this remains one of the most painful pages in the history of the country. Slobodzianek wrote his play on a documentary basis.
In the performance presented by the Polish theater, the stage is laconic - only wooden school desks. Symbols of time are marked only above the door - the cross is replaced by a hammer and sickle, later giving way to a swastika. There are ten heroes of the performance on the stage, designated by the author only by names. All of them were born in about the same years, but the date of death is different for everyone.
The actors are dressed in costumes showing who they would like to be, and the audience sees how these dreams managed their lives. Monologues of actors become voices from the past, which is impossible to forget, no matter how many years have passed.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Eine neue Version der Geschichte von Casanova im neuen Musical des Swerdlowsker Musical-Komödientheaters
- Nomination for the Golden Mask and new director at the Krasnoyarsk Opera
- A press conference on the success of The Little Mermaid, which participated in the Children’s Weekend program, was held in Yekaterinburg Youth Theater
- Cherepovets hosts the Golden Mask festival
- The tour of the theater. Volkova in Kazan launched the project "Theater Summer"
- Arkhangelsk viewers saw performances that won the Golden Mask
- Golden Mask Festival opens with tour of MDT Theater
- Máscara dorada en la ciudad: Caperucita Roja