Memory of the millions tortured, knocking in our hearts automatic translate
MOSCOW. Requiem for the memory of the victims of the Holocaust in Helikon-Opera. In January next year, humanity will remember one of the black dates in its history. The Wannsee Conference, organized in Berlin, considered the plan for the «Final Solution of the Jewish Question.»
Important people in well-tuned uniforms decided in 1942 how to effectively and irrevocably kill millions of innocent people. Irrational hatred was documented and implemented with cannibalism.
Tribute to the memory of the victims of the Holocaust is celebrated around the world on January 27 each year. It is necessary both innocently tortured and alive, so that it will not be forgotten and repeated. The choice of the date is not accidental. On this day, the concentration camp of Auschwitz was liberated by Soviet troops. In «Helikon-Opera» a concert-requiem was held, organized with the active participation of the Jewish Congress. Sounded on it classical music allowed to create an atmosphere of light sadness, to achieve catharsis, inevitable at such memorial events. The concert program included the outstanding works of Shostakovich, Verdi, Mozart, supported by documentary shots of a piercing video. The famous Va, pensiero from Nabucco Verdi, performed by the choir of the Jews before the execution, was sounded.
The strength of the impact and power of this work is evidenced by the fact that it, along with Il Canto degli Italiani, is recognized as the unofficial anthem of Italy. It was in his unanimous impulse that thousands of people performed at the funeral of the composer. The audience listened with trembling to the numbers from Shostakovich’s cycle «From Jewish Folk Poetry». He was created in the hardest time for the composer, when the well-known Resolution turned out to be a signal for years of persecution of Dmitry Dmitrievich.
The creation of this cycle was an act of courage on the part of Shostakovich, who ignored the xenophobic campaign, deployed by the authorities and aimed at discriminating people on the fifth point. The pleas for the souls of the departed, voiced in the Hostias and Sanctus Mozart’s «Requiem», were mentally raised to God and those present in the hall in the hope of continuing their earthly path, interrupted not by their own will.
- Konstantin Pham again in the list of applicants for the Oscar
- Anne Frank. Holocaust Diaries
- The truth about the Holocaust, which they did not want to know. The story of Jan Karsky
- Shostakovich and Prokofiev - one exhibition for two in the department of manuscripts of the National Library of Russia
- A decision was taken to create an electronic database of symphonic music of the XX - XXI century
- A book by the famous English writer Julian Barnes about Shostakovich was published. Will it be translated into Russian?
- A gift from the company ’Melody’ - all the symphonies of Dmitry Shostakovich in one set
- Christmas and Shostakovich. Award for courage and perpetuation of the memory of an idol