The great novel of Leo Tolstoy in the British list of literary masterpieces. And this is not "War and Peace" automatic translate
LONDON. Anna Karenina took the third place in the list of the best novels of all time.
The well-known statement of Eugene-Melchior de Vogue (Eugène-Melchior vicomte de Vogüé) about the successors of Gogol, coming out of his "Overcoat", needs to be supplemented. Genius, enlightenment, Pushkin’s fantasies are due to the birth of many wonderful books. Suffice it to recall Gogol’s Dead Souls and The Inspector General.
Leo Tolstoy was no exception. Getting acquainted with the incomplete text of Pushkin "The guests gathered at the dacha" inspired him to create "Anna Karenina." Such a capacious and expressive Tolstoy seemed to the style of presentation of Alexander Sergeevich. The appearance of the protagonist is another gift of the great poet. Unusual beauty, intelligence and charm of the eldest daughter of Pushkin Maria, in the marriage of Hartung, left no doubt - that’s what Anne should look like. This name did not appear immediately. It was Anastasia who had to fall in love without falling and rush under the train.
June 24 in the daily The Telegraph was published a list of the best works of world literature. The rating of "Karenina" turned out to be cosmic. The novel about the private life of representatives of high society was in the top three. Following Middlemarch George Eliot (George Eliot) with pictures of the life of the English province and underestimated by contemporaries of Moby-Dick Herman Melville (Herman Melville) about the adventures of sailors from a battered whaling vessel.
In the world table of ranks Tolstoy’s book beat "Doctor Zhivago", "Don Quixote", "Eugene Onegin", "Crime and Punishment", "In Search of Lost Time."
- In the Astrakhan theater of drama the premiere of ’Anna Karenina’ took place
- Tscheljabinsk Zuschauer warten auf die Premiere von Sigarevs Stück "Alexei Karenin" in dem Drama und. Orlova
- Ballet ANNA KARENINA
- Google launched the site of the project ’Karenina. Living Edition »
- In the museum-estate ’Yasnaya Polyana’ the year of ’Anna Karenina’
- Meeting the descendants of the patriarch of Russian literature in Yasnaya Polyana
- Better late than never. The main novel of Tolstoy in the bestseller lists in Great Britain
- The premiere of the play ’War and Peace of Tolstoy’, which became a guide to the famous novel