Theatrical murder against the backdrop of repression. New book by Yulia Yakovleva 21/02/2017 automatic translate
MOSCOW. In the publishing house «Eksmo» came out a new book by Yulia Yakovleva on the investigation of strange murders at the beginning of the era of the Great Terror.
The question of why the art critic, the columnist Vogue and Afisha, the author of articles and books about the ballet turns his gaze on the Stalin era, seems somewhat rhetorical. A person who is conscientious, well-writing, who knows the true value of the printed word, inevitably comes to such difficult, bitter, requiring utter sincerity topics. He simply can not afford to keep silent about what an honest man can not ignore. Otherwise, can you be considered a true writer?
Already after the «Crow’s Children», the first book of the cycle «Leningrad Fairy Tales», it became clear that the vector was chosen correctly by the author. What can be said about reprisals, wrapping the narrative in a fantasy, fairy-tale form that the children understand, without departing from the historical truth. The heroes of the «Stolen City», the continuation of the «Crow’s Children», survived the tragedy and absurdity of the late 30’s, try to survive during the Leningrad blockade. Without parents, without help, without food. At a time when even some adults despair and go crazy, losing their human appearance, turning into looters and cannibals, children need to stand and stay alive.
In the detective novel «Suddenly the hunter runs out» the era of the Great Terror is just beginning, although it would be more correct to say that it did not stop after October 1917. The incredible life vicissitudes of the main character, investigator Vasily Zaitsev, are inseparable from the investigation of the group murder on Yelagin Island, a strange,, decorated with deliberate theatricalization. The thickening atmosphere of anxious anticipation and tension against the backdrop of the repressive flywheel of repression is an element of suspense, without which it is difficult to imagine a good detective.
- Tolerar, soportar, soportar. Diario de un testigo de una era trágica
- Leningrad fairy tales for children and adults. Go ahead and not be afraid
- Metropolitan Theater of Satire prepares for the anniversary review ’Sad, but funny’
- OLGA YAKOVLEVA: ’TRABAJANDO AMBAS CIRCUNSTANCIAS, Y ESTO ESTIMULAR’
- Zhanna Yakovleva. ’Nostalgia por el paisaje’
- Contest-festival ’Camerata’ was opened in Chelyabinsk, this year it presents solo performances
- Exhibition of works of graphics and paintings by Vladimir Galatenko / Yakovlev
- "There is a dream as a sight .." - the jubilee exhibition of the genius of the sixties, the artist Vladimir Yakovlev