How to love the classics and pass the exam on excellent? Read Weill and Genis automatic translate
MOSCOW. The Corpus publishing house published the book «Native Speech. Lessons of exquisite literature «.
One of the first actions of a high school student, who passed the EGE on literature the day before and who does not plan to furrow the expanses of a humanitarian university, is the removal from the eyes of everything that is connected with this. The standard school program has always been built in such a way that there was practically no chance of getting used to reading classics from a child of any age. Those who are lucky with teachers are not taken into account. For them, the national literature is daily joy, an urgent need. That without which the soul and brains can not do.
Big is seen from a distance. Often the most heartfelt lines about the Motherland are born not at all on its vast expanses. An example is Gogol’s Dead Souls, Turgenev’s Month in the Village, Dostoevsky’s Idiot. Often it is in a foreign country that a detached and more tenacious view of the contents of the bookshelf is possible. So it happened with the composition of Alexander Genis and Peter Weil, who emigrated to America in the distant year of 1977.
The witty analysis of acquaintances with the adolescence of works does not at all resemble the «training» of characters in the school lessons that provokes the abjectness and rejection, giving birth to only banal characteristics and stamps, behind which the depth and multilayeredness of the characters is lost. Unexpected conclusions and associations, interesting facts, a mosaic of characters of significant figures for Russian literature. The book of Genis and Vail, deprived of the onerous and nominal title «textbook of literature», is able to present a holiday of a new acquaintance with great works and in a sense their discoveries. The number of its reissues is evidence of how much every new generation needs in this joy.
- Matvey Bronstein und seine "Solare Substanz". Rückkehr
- Un grito de desesperación y esperanza por un cambio drástico
- Righteous Among the Nations Nikolai Kiselyov and Hundreds of Saved Lives
- Sincere voice of a talented person. Andrei Smirnov’s book about life, cinema and censorship
- Return of Mayakovsky. Biography of the poet without labels and falsifications
- "What are we talking about?" About the rapidly changing language and the unpredictability of life
- The project ’Sounding canvases. Raphael ’Mozart. Requiem’
- The eternal return of Kira Muratova. Year after the anniversary