Exhibition of paintings by Boris Grebenshchikov opened in the Yusupov Palace 23/03/2018 automatic translate
ST. PETERSBURG. "BG - a phenomenon" - under this name in the Yusupov Palace on March 21, an exhibition of paintings belonging to Boris Grebenshchikov, the leader of the group "Aquarium" was presented. The exposition is located in the Konyushennoye wing, where on the first floor there are 16 paintings made by the author in the easel painting technique.
Some of the works are already familiar to the public about the exhibition, recently held at the Erart Museum. Two canvases a few years ago participated in an exhibition held in London. Some of the works participating in the exhibition were written by Boris Borisovich just recently, the author did not show them at the exhibition yet.
The period during which the canvases were created, begins with the 80’s, and ends in 2017. Olga Chepurova, one of the organizers of the exhibition, talked with media representatives about the works included in the exposition. She believes that the manner of works performed by Grebenshchikov can not be unequivocally stated.
The artist combines different styles in his canvases. Specialists note that in the first works Grebenshchikov there is primitivism, combined with industrial landscapes. Later in his works appeared originality and began to feel a romantic view of the world.
In the plots of paintings placed in the exposition, you can see landscapes, which are distinguished by bright saturated colors. Written in an impressionistic manner, they are filled with romantic motifs. There are also temples and elements of their architecture on the paintings of Grebenshchikov.
On the second floor there is a separate part of the exhibition where rare photos presented by St. Petersburg photographers are presented. Here you can see pictures from concerts, portraits of the author in various images.
The exhibition is open until 21 April.
- "The alphabet of moonlight" from Boris Grebenshchikov in the museum "Erarta"
- Exhibition project for the anniversary of Boris Grebenshchikov opened in MMOMA
- Das Alphabet des Mondscheins. Ausstellung von Boris Grebenshchikov. 16+
- "The World through the Eyes of Russian Artists" is shown in the Elaginsky Palace
- In St. Petersburg for the fourth time the street theater festival was opened
- Figures of representatives of the royal family in the palace on Elagin Island
- "Decoration of the Beautiful" - a project from the Tretyakov Gallery and the Museum named after A.Sh. Kramskoy