Exhibition for the jubilee of Ivan Shishkin opened in the Museum of Fine Arts of Izhevsk
IZHEVSK. Throughout the summer, residents of Izhevsk will be able to see works of art and graphics created by the famous Russian artist Ivan Shishkin. The grand opening of the exhibition, dedicated simultaneously to the two anniversaries, was held on June 1 in the URMII hall.
To work on creating an exposition dedicated to the 185th anniversary of the artist and the 260th anniversary of the Russian Academy of Arts, the museum employees spent more than six months. Visitors to the museum will get acquainted with the graphics and paintings that arrived in the Izhevsk Museum from Kirov, where they were stored in the collection of the Vyatka Art Museum. Ivan Shishkin’s works, which are in the collection of the URMIA, also entered the exhibition.
In total, the guests of the museum will see more than 40 works created by the famous artist, among which there are 5 paintings of the same number of graphic works belonging to the Vyatka Museum. Izhevsk Museum supplemented the exhibition with more than 30 graphic sheets created in various techniques.
Of particular value is the album, consisting of 11 sheets, released by the artist himself. In total I. Shishkin published four of his albums. The first among them, known as the «Etchings of I. I. Shishkin», was published in 1973. In the URMII collection this album appeared in 1986. He was transferred to the museum collection by the St. Petersburg Russian Museum.
Attracts the attention of visitors a large canvas, written by Ivan Shishkin in 1879 - «Picnic in the Pine Forest». No less interesting was the picture «Tops of Pines», dated 1890. This work is considered a visiting card of the artist.
Vera Vakhrusheva, URMI Director, speaking at the opening of the exhibition, called her an important event in the cultural life of Udmurtia. Many of the works of Ivan Shishkin, placed in the exposition, were never exhibited in the republic.
- The finale of the prestigious musical contest in Belgium decorate performance of Russian pianist
- Chopin with a Korean accent. Winning the competition musical prodigy in Warsaw
- Vyazniky robbed of History and Art Museum
- The project ’Who are your favorite artists’ brought in Rybinsk landscapes Ivan Shishkin
- The museum opened an exhibition of Kostroma his countryman, ’King watercolors’ of the 19th century
- Rare works Shishkin Art Museum of Tatarstan
- Lecture by Alexei Boyko on the work of Ivan Shishkin