In the Sochi Museum. N. Ostrovsky celebrated Cat Day with the opening of the exhibition of cat portraits Automatic translate
SOCHI. More than a hundred portraits of representatives of the cat family, made in a variety of artistic techniques, were presented to visitors of the N. Ostrovsky Museum, who came to the opening of the exhibition dedicated to the Day of Cats. Museum staff decided to join in the congratulations addressed by the owners of the furry pets to their pets.
For the Day of Cats, celebrated on March 1, they prepared an exhibition, the name of which comes from a cartoon telling about the adventures of a cat walking "on its own." Visitors to the museum saw a whole gallery of "cat portraits", which presented amazing cats, cats and kittens. They were of various breeds and colors, presented to visitors in the images of dreamers and gluttons, musicians and hooligans, thieves and fishermen.
The cats were in watercolor and pencil drawings, made of ceramics and porcelain, papier-mâché and almost real cat sculptures. Beginning artists also took part in the creation of the exhibition. Many works were performed by students of art schools in Sochi.
Of particular interest to visitors of the "cat" exhibition was the collection of works performed by the Bedrak family of artists. The special look of the artist, who is not indifferent to furry pets, is able to make out even in pebbles collected on the seashore. A few brush strokes on a nondescript sea stone can turn it into a cat, comfortably settled in the sun.
Sochi residents, collecting collections of images of cats, also became exhibitors. Part of the exhibition is represented by exhibits provided by the owners of private collections. During the exhibition, open until March 28, interesting events will be held for young visitors to the museum. Guided tours and workshops will be held.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Summary of the play by A.N. Ostrovsky "Dowry"
- Theater festival dedicated to the work of A. Ostrovsky, in Kostroma
- In the repertoire of the Omsk Drama Theater, the play by A. Ostrovsky “Truth is Good, but Happiness is Better” reappeared
- On the stage of the branch of the Maly Theater is the festival "Ostrovsky in Ostrovsky’s house"
- Feria de Arte "ArtExpoSPb 2014" para el cumpleaños del distrito Vasileostrovsky.
- New life of the half-forgotten play by A. Ostrovsky "Savage" - premiere at the Moscow Art Theater
- Ausstellung des berühmten Odessaer Künstlers Joseph Ostrovsky "Wandering Stars" im Zentralen Künstlerhaus