Sveta Samson at the Insight exhibition at the Kashirka Gallery Automatic translate
MOSCOW. An American artist of Russian origin, Sveta Samson (Sweet Samson), presented her work as part of the Insight International Exhibition project, which takes place in the Moscow gallery “On Kashirka” that affect the picture-object relationship and evolve around the concepts of function and dysfunction. For example, in her works, the artist uses high-tech carbon as an artistic basis, like a traditional canvas, thereby undermining the usual perception of these two materials, which in turn opens a dialogue about the symbolic meaning of the shape of a canvas-rectangle and its sculptural component.
The concept of Insight is to see the essence in something, and for the artist it is infinitely intriguing to search for the very essence laid down in the question “Where does the picture begin / end and the object begins / ends”. Returning to this question again and again, Sveta’s works reflect the search for an equilibrium between the constructiveness of logical decisions and that inexplicable intuitive impulse, which at some point goes against the original plan.
Sveta Samson, a master of contemporary art, lives and works in Los Angeles.
- Jurors Announced Laureates of the International Project – Exhibition “Landscapes of Abstraction”
- Exhibition "Landscapes of Abstraction"
- Sweet Samson’s “Dynamic Carbon”
- Personal exhibition of Yuri Samsonov - an artist painting with mood
- Ausstellung "Era of Samson" zum 100. Jahrestag der Revolution
- On the Edge, Sweet Samson Solo Show
- Exhibition of Egyptian artists "Capsule of Time" in the State Concert Hall "On Kashirka"
- Pasaremos la noche en el Museo Mad Tea Party. Galería "En Kashirka"