"Mikhail Shemyakin: A Very Different Artist" - a retrospective exhibition in the Moscow Museum of Russian Impressionism
MOSCOW. The Museum of Russian Impressionism on October 13 invited visitors to get acquainted with the work of Mikhail Shemyakin, a Russian Impressionist painter who created his original works in the first half of the twentieth century. "Absolutely different artist" - the creators of the exhibition underlined this not only the unique talent of the master, evaluated by Konstantin Korovin and Valentin Serov, who studied Mikhail Shemyakin’s profession of the artist.
This is really another artist, who created much earlier than our contemporary Mikhail Shemyakin. After graduating from the Moscow School of Painting Mikhail Fedorovich continued to improve his skills, studying at the Munich studio Anton Azhbe.
One of the last drawings made during the study of the artist in the studio of Azhba entered the exposition. This work impressed Fyodor Chaliapin, who saw her on the wall of the apartment of Ivan Grzhimali, father-in-law of the artist. In total, the exhibition collected more than fifty works from various Russian museums.
The exposition includes magnificent female portraits, many of which are written during the life of the artist. Among them are images of Mikhail Shemyakin’s wife and sister, images of models that can be seen in other artists’ paintings. Some models are present in several drawings by Mikhail Shemyakin.
Family portraits are collected in a separate section of the exhibition. One of the works - a portrait of the grandfather of the artist Alexei Abrikosov, the famous Russian manufacturer, the audience will see for the first time. This portrait is in the Tretyakov Gallery, and has not participated in exhibitions before.
Presented at the exhibition are floral still lifes with hyacinths, favorite by Mikhail Shemyakin flowers.
The exhibition of the Russian Impressionist is open until 17 January.
- El Teatro Stas Namin mostro en San Petersburgo la obra ’Nueva York. Los anos 80. ?Nosotros!’
- Inhabitants of Ekaterinburg presented an exhibition of Mikhail Shemyakin ’Transformation of Picasso’
- The Moscow Documentary Film Club started showing
- "Two Fates" - illustrations of Mikhail Shemyakin for the songs of Vladimir Vysotsky in the Kaluga Museum
- In Irkutsk, an exhibition of the works of Mikhail Shemyakin and Ernst Neizvestny
- Amazing images, seen by Mikhail Shemyakin - ’The Sidewalks of Paris’
- Museum of Oriental Art brings Muscovites closer to understanding Zen
- Visconti and we. Lecture by Andrei Shemyakin, a film critic