A large-scale exhibition of cartoons of English artists "Anatomy of laughter" opened in Tsaritsino Automatic translate
MOSCOW. Until July 3rd, guests are expected to visit the Tsaritsyno Museum-Reserve to discover the unique exhibition Anatomy of Laughter. In 13 halls of the Bread House there is an exposition created from the works of English artists created in the 18th-19th centuries in the genre of caricature.
It was in England that the foundations of the caricature genre were laid, which today again has become the focus of public attention. As at the time of the appearance of the first cartoons, in which artists often touched on political topics, they again provoke scandals, and sometimes become the causes of real tragedies.
For the first time, the Russian public got the opportunity to see such a large-scale exposition, the basis of which was the collection compiled by the RGASPI - the state historical archive. More than two hundred cartoons on display will help visitors to the exhibition understand why today the genre of political caricature has regained popularity.
The caricature drawings that appeared in 18th-century England not only entertained and amused the public. It was a way to talk about heroes and create an image of the enemy. The creators of the cartoons also served the purposes of political propaganda, at the same time rallying the nation by displaying an external threat in their drawings. Caricatures born of the imagination of English artists could be cynical and enthusiastic, caustic and good-natured, but each of them was always witty.
Next to the works of leading English masters who worked during the period called the golden age of caricature, the creators of the exposition also placed other exhibits from the same time. Among these exhibits, it is especially interesting to see the ceremonial portraits of some heroes of caricature drawings. The exhibition was decorated with satirical subjects made on ceramics and textiles.
Ludmila Trautmane © Gallerix.ru
- Museo Erarta presenta caricatura soviética y moderna
- "¡Somos nosotros!". Exposición de obras de Igor Smirnov. Gráficos, caricatura
- Ausstellung von Werken von Vladimir Mochalov. Porträtkarikatur in Grafik und Malerei
- "Eine unterbrochene Zukunft." Der legendäre sowjetische Karikaturist A. Krylov
- Exposición colectiva de artistas de 28 países "Caricaturistas por los derechos humanos"
- Exposición del Día de los Inocentes de gráficos y caricaturas irónicas en la Casa Central del Actor
- Caricaturas del famoso artista gráfico danés H. Bidstrup en una exposición en Moscú
- Exhibition "Traditions of Folklore and Naive in Contemporary Culture" by the NCCA