History of the merchant’s house Eliseev automatic translate
The history of the Trading House of merchants Eliseev begins, strangely enough, with a different surname - Kasatkin. At the beginning of the XIX century Peter Eliseevich Kasatkin worked as a fortress gardener in the estate of Count Sheremetyev in Yaroslavl province. His talent was enough so that at Christmas dinner in 1812 was presented with fresh strawberries. The family and the guests of the Count were completely ecstatic. For this fulfillment of his duties, Sheremetiev decided to thank the gardener generously. Peter did not hesitate and asked for freedom. The Count let go, having donated 100 rubles in addition, unheard of money for those years.
Soon, with his wife Maria Gavrilovna and sons Sergei, Grigory and Stepan Peter Kasatkin moved to St. Petersburg. Trade activity, they begin with the successful sale of oranges directly on Nevsky Prospect, than many people are surprised.
Gradually, street trade expanded to several shops throughout the city. Money now was enough for the ransom of brother Peter Eliseevich. Upon the arrival of Gregory Eliseevich in St. Petersburg, Eliseev’s sons filed a petition for registration of the "Association of the Eliseev Brothers."
Peter himself, leaving his brother Gregory to manage affairs, goes on a ship to southern Europe. In Madeira, he gets acquainted with the winemakers and watches the process of making and storing wine, negotiates the trade supplies. In St. Petersburg, the trade in imported wine was a huge success. The whole beau monde of the capital, including the French, now buys wine "from the Eliseevs." In addition to wine, they sold all year round exotic fruits and vegetables. To ensure the uninterrupted supply of "colonial products," Peter buys out several sailboats to send them to the Mediterranean countries and even to India.
Alas, in 1825 he became very ill, Peter Eliseev was dying. But before his death, he managed to declare his capital and write the whole family in the merchant class. The case was continued by Maria Gavrilovna and brother Gregory Eliseevich. Particularly more active in the work showed the middle son Grigory Petrovich, who gradually headed the Partnership. He repeatedly, and then his son Grigory Grigorievich, was awarded awards, both in Europe and at home for his wine collections.
In the first years of the 20th century, Grigory Grigoryevich opened two stores - in Moscow on Tverskaya and in St. Petersburg on Nevsky, both richly decorated in the best traditions of Russia , both designed by architect Baranovsky. According to the unknown author - "temples of gluttony" with his own bakery and sausage shop. In addition to selling delicacies, the St. Petersburg store on the upper floors housed a theater and a restaurant. March 14, 1913 - the year of the celebration of the centenary of the Eliseev brothers’ partnership - the will of Nicholas II Eliseevs become hereditary noblemen.
About a year later, the family was overtaken by a tragedy. Spouse Maria Andreevna died, hanging herself on her scythe. The cause of the misfortune was the news of love between her husband Grigory Grigoryevich and the young married lady Vera Fedorovna Vasilyeva. They got engaged less than a month after the death of Maria Andreevna. Sons not only did not forgive such an act to their father, but they considered it an insult to their mother.
In the house of the merchant Eliseev and his new wife only the youngest daughter of Grigory Grigoryevich, Maria, fourteen years old, survived. But with the help of her brothers and she managed to escape from her father’s house.
After this, the elder Eliseyev fell into a depression and departed from the management of all affairs. And in 1918 he lost all his wealth, including stores in Moscow and St. Petersburg. Grigory Grigoryevich moved to France and lived there until he was 84 years old. It happened in 1949. His children had gone to all the world by that time.
Thus, the history of the Trading House of Yeliseyev merchants ended, but there were stores in Moscow and St. Petersburg with luxurious furnishings, where to this day you can buy expensive and refined products, and the townspeople still refer to them as "Eliseevsky" instead of the official "Deli 1".